Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My main concern about these things is the wind/road noise etc... washing out the sound, or keeping the channel open. I have 2 helmets, a beanie for cruising around and a full face for long highway drives...

Can anyone recommend a system, that will be loud enough, great quality (if that is even possible over bt)... and good enough to chat with people around you via phone etc...

I know nothing about these items for bikes, so let me know!! Thanks

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Your main concern should be Eric, and Obama listening in....:ltr:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in Canada! However, I don't have much to hide anyway, lol

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
They're still listening cuz most of the 9/11 psycho's entered the USA through Canadia.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just picked up the Cardo Scala Rider G9 powerset ..... Blue Tooth capable , built in FM radio, up to 9 intercom system , ..... Still learning about how to use..... took it out this past weekend ....used the intercom system between myself and 3 other riders in our group ...... It worked well.......

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have the 2nd generation SMH10 and the new blue tooth audio streaming device from them too... I picked the Sena because it was so simple to use with gloves on compared to the Scala....1 multifunction jog dial compared to buttons on the Scala..... IMO.. Sound is a little tinny... But plenty of volume even with plugs

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I have a CCT and installed the Sena bluetooth dongle and the Sena bluetooth headset a few weeks ago. They work great and are obviously designed to integrate perfectly with the Victory audio system. If I'm listening to my iPod and the phone rings, it will pause the iPod till the call is through. The Sena system can also easily connect to a passenger to use as an intercom.

I have the Tri Ovals and a Lloyds air filter and have no issue what so ever listening to the radio or the iPod at speed.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I can only comment on the Sena SMH10. I have two one for me and one for my wife. They work great, I would not call the sound crystal clear by any means, at highway speeds, but it's easy to use and plays well with my IPhone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Also loking at a intercom / bike to bike communication system. Just to be clear, different makes e.g Scala and Sena do not communicate between system - is that correct?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Do any of you ride with a full-face?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
And do you talk to your passenger with your Sena on the ride to work ????

Thanks dude, not the info I was looking for.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I have a full face helmet and I use the Sena Bluetooth unit. It totally blows away my J&M or AirRider sets on my GoldWing in either intercom mode or phone mode. Bonus, map navigations come through it too

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a pair of Sena SMH 10's that I bought specifically for the intercom for my GF and I to chat while wearing our full face helmets riding two up. Works perfect, and I've also started using it for music from my phone when riding solo.

GF just got her license and started riding her own bike some and they work great bike to bike too. Not sure what the distance limit is, but we haven't run into it.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I use a Sena on both my half and full face. They are fantastic for cellular, intercom and GPS integration. Couldn't be happier!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts