Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Does anyone use a bluetooth helmet that they like and recommend?

2. The only ones I have found so far are the full face helmets which probably makes sense due to wind noise, but just wondering if anyone has used or seen them in 3/4 model.

Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
Bluetooth

2. The only ones I have found so far are the full face helmets which probably makes sense due to wind noise, but just wondering if anyone has used or seen them in 3/4 model.

Thanks
Buy an after market Scala. They mount to any type of helmet easily and you do not have yo use a full face helmet. They have a special foam cover just for open face helmets.

·
Registered
130 Posts

Thanks
I've had a Scala ll mounted on a Seer 1/2helmet for over 4 yrs. Paired up w/GPS,phone and works great.Although I don't initate calls going down the road the boom mic works well.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Go to www.webbikeworld.com and check their Motorcyle Communications section. They have reviewed most if not all of the available systems and just about everything else motorcycle related.

I use the Sena SMH10 with 1/2 helmets without much problem. The only thing I can knock is that my wife doesn't even try to cover her boom mic so I get wind noise through her mic. This year I'm going to try to put a finger from one of those non-latex gloves on the mic under the foam. There are a few comments on other forums saying that works to cut out wind noise.

·
Registered
566 Posts
The boss and I have Nolan N43 Outlaw helmets with the bluetooth interface. We really like the helmets and the bluetooth works well when riding two up or if we're on two bikes. The range is pretty good, as well. The bluetooth module just plugs into the side of the helmet; you can't even really see it unlike the Scala appendage, which sticks out awkwardly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the Scala G4 and it's pretty good.

Depends on your price range ultimately. I think it is $250 for 1, $300 for a pair or something insane like that where getting a pair is a no brainer.

Sometimes an issue syncing when turning on. Has about a 10 hour or so battery life. Can also be used as a radio instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts