Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there something I can hook up to the bike's stereo so I can bluetooth to my cell phone for playing tunes?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
IF you have an IPOD adapter you can use this...http://amzn.com/B009WNR13U
Thanks!

I also found that a DockBoss will work.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Sounddock-Compatible-Smartphones-CableJive/dp/B004XMMSZG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455742031&sr=8-1&keywords=dockboss[/ame]

However, I ordered the one you suggested from Amazon.ca ... $36 CDN shipped.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I built a connector that plugs into the OEM harness instead of the Sena high dollar unit. I have a "bluetooth splitter" on order. Actually I had one and it worked a couple days then died. So I sent it back and they are supposed to be sending me a new one. but that way the bike radio, GPS or Ipod will be broadcasting BT to my headsets.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Wonder why Bluetooth and not green orange or red tooth.

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
When the blackberry came out, all the wife's were boasting about how expensive blackberry's were and my wife said ...
In S'pore there real cheap, next time I'll bring a bag .., anyway long story short she was talking about blueberries as her hobby is food, not E-mail
Ha ha ha

Sorry not hijacking your post OP but i blame MbX for getting off topic and having a laugh ..... Ha ha

TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Been wondering if the CoolStream Duo will work as a cheaper solution to the Tune2air. I know the Tune2air will let you do the change functions with the iPhone and not just volume control like the cheap ones do. Has anyone tried the CoolStream Duo to find out?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
OK so after re-reading this today, I am wondering why you want to play the bike radio over your phone? Possibly you got this backwards and you want say Pandora from phone to go over bike radio?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK so after re-reading this today, I am wondering why you want to play the bike radio over your phone? Possibly you got this backwards and you want say Pandora from phone to go over bike radio?
I have tunes on my phone ... want to play them over the bike stereo.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I have tunes on my phone ... want to play them over the bike stereo.
Ahhhh So the plot thickens. What you need is an input port. They do make these little plug in things that would do the trick if you have an AUX input. Kind of like the GPS input would work if you have that. I built one for the bike I just got. I think under $40 is what I have in it. If your good mechanically and have some electrical skills building wiring and connectors I can shoot you the part numbers. Also some of the Cross bikes came with an MP3 input cable instead of the ipod. Do you have either?
Something like this should work for what you want.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ahhhh So the plot thickens. What you need is an input port. They do make these little plug in things that would do the trick if you have an AUX input. Kind of like the GPS input would work if you have that. I built one for the bike I just got. I think under $40 is what I have in it. If your good mechanically and have some electrical skills building wiring and connectors I can shoot you the part numbers. Also some of the Cross bikes came with an MP3 input cable instead of the ipod. Do you have either?
Something like this should work for what you want.
I have the iPod connector ... according to what I've read, this
should do the trick.

--->>>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts