Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would any one know if the Boardwalk "cheese" wedge would fit on a Cross Country? I am thinking I like that better than the one that's on there...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. Didn't even see that :D

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Broggy, your bike is gorgeous ! That blue is smokin' cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! The blue was nicer to me than the sunset red, but it sure does pop when it's in the sun :cool:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
i think i like the way the oem ones fill a little more space.
i did finish the key side one with the matching 106 applique
from barracuda. dont know why vic didnt do both sides.
too cheap, i guess.
you need to stop and clean that blue beauty! [from one anal
person to another, it looks great]

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
31 Posts
It looks like the mounting bracket is unique to the metal wedges on the Boardwalk/Judge, so you would need those as well. I am planning on using these to get rid of the "cheesy" plastic wedges (pun intended).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Would any one know if the Boardwalk "cheese" wedge would fit on a Cross Country? I am thinking I like that better than the one that's on there...
I have all three sizes of the windshields for my bike now.

*Not sure it's the cheese wedge, but the shortly, the mid size and the original full size parts.

My take on them thus far:

Shorty; ideal for 'round town use, nice with the trunk removed (replaced by back rest) as it takes away the 'touring' look, making it more of a bagger look. Modest wind protection, bugs etc etc. Low speeds its fine.

Mid size; this one I ordered in (the shorty purchased locally from a private owner) and installed for "local trips". The wind is less than the shorty but more than the full size for sure. The only negatives I have about it are that for my size the top of the plastic is nearly at viewing height. With 2up it's annoying as the butt of the bike is lower then. The slight wrap around shape also can distort things if you were glasses as I do. I think I'll keep it but will likely cut 3/4" off of it at the top.

Full size; the original that comes with the XCT bike. Very nice for long rides but you will look through it not over unless you are quite tall.

Swapping these is a no-brainer. The extra arms for the upper bolts on the full shield are removed and only the lower bolt holes used for the mid size and shorty. The same screws work fine also. When fitting either of these you'll tuck the plastic in behind your fairing not over it on the outside. Seems iffy at first but yes it will go in. I put some adhesive on both the captive nut plates and the washers to hold them in place. However..it seems it still takes two of us to get it all started and the parts not falling off. (cover your tank) I think I may rivet the captive nuts next. And more rubber washers can be had at ACE if needed.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Todd:

The 'cheese wedge' is the triangular plastic cover between the front & rear cylinders :)

But yes, I like my full-size windshield; I am tall enough to see over it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well live and learn. cheers

Guess I've never considered it really....

BTW, I don't have time for it but the first guy to make that dimpled part with red LEDs in the pockets; you owe me one for the idea. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well live and learn. cheers

Guess I've never considered it really....

BTW, I don't have time for it but the first guy to make that dimpled part with red LEDs in the pockets; you owe me one for the idea. :cool:
Well now... I suppose I'd have to do BLUE LEDs, but I'll still give you half credit :)

·
13,031 Posts
Wait till you see the price you will stay with what you have

5255394 bracket right 2014 $39.99
5632603-156 cover ign right 2014 $84.99

5255393 BRACKET, IGNITION COIL left side 2014 $35.99
5632602-156 COVER, IGNITION/COIL, LH 2014 $84.99

5250414 Bracket, Ignition Coil 2012 changed im2014
5250413 Bracket, IAC 2012 changed in 2014

check part numbers before you order. $240 out of my ball park

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wait till you see the price you will stay with what you have

5255394 bracket right 2014 $39.99
5632603-156 cover ign right 2014 $84.99

5255393 BRACKET, IGNITION COIL left side 2014 $35.99
5632602-156 COVER, IGNITION/COIL, LH 2014 $84.99

5250414 Bracket, Ignition Coil 2012 changed im2014
5250413 Bracket, IAC 2012 changed in 2014

check part numbers before you order. $240 out of my ball park
Exactly. As soon as I saw the price for the chrome piece ONLY, I said "screw that" lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts