Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2013 Boardwalk yesterday and started my search for accessories.

Woof. Not much out there, unless ya want the $$$ Genuine Victory accessories.

I need a sissy bar/backrest and a rear rack and a windshield and lower wind deflectors.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

·
Registered
295 Posts
We've only found Victory accessories for my wife's BW. She has a QD screen and backrest. Given their very short run, I doubt the BW or the Judge will find a lot of aftermarket support.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Victory discontinued the sissy bar/backrest, but I found a company in Wisconsin that makes a sissy bar/backrest/rear rack combo.

Aside from handlebar mount windshields, the only company that I've found that makes a decent windshield for the Boardwalk is Slipstreamer.

I am truly amazed at the total lack of available accessories for this bike. Even the Victory genuine accessories are very sparse.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Memphis Shades makes a Batwing that will work on a Boardwalk, although its not sold to fit a Boardwalk, lowers made by Memphis Shades may also work, unknown at this time as I have not spent the money to find out.
Aftermarket accessories are all but non existent for the Boardwalk, best advice is to search the parts breakdown on Victory home page and find if any parts from another bike will fit.

Rear sissy bar and luggage rack sold by company in Wi. is not a fit for the boardwalk at this time, I found out the hard way, I called and asked, was told it would fit, received item, and when installing on my 13 BW the fit did not fit.
Have exchanged e-mails with company and hopefully a fix is in the works.
Once I receive other parts, check for fitment, and if all works I will be willing to share company's name.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just ordered the backrest and rear rack combo from a company in WI........ the description says that it fits the boardwalk.. Hmmmmmm.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since you had to add spacers, did you have to bend the sides out - to make it fit the wider width?

·
Registered
149 Posts
The width is plenty wide, I used the spacers from the seat bracket to take up some of the extra width, they will easily form to the fender, the 3/8" spacers go between the upright brackets and the flat of the backrest or luggage rack if you don't have the back rest option.

In the photo above, the entire assembly is put together, finger tight, attachment bolts in place loosely on one side, backrest plate bottoms out on fender, not allowing the other 2 attaching bolts to be put into place.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The backrest/rack assembly arrived today and it came with bushings to space it away from the fender sides.

Problem is that it pushes into the back seat about an inch.

...and it needs to be at least three inches farther back in order to mount the backrest and should be an inch or two higher to be level with the seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's not the same luggage rack system I have, mine is for solo rider and mounts over the fender.
I already have a luggage rack mounted on the lock & ride passenger back rest

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey there fellow Boardwalk owners!!!!!! just curious to what exhaust systems you fellas are running? pro and cons. Right On.......cheers

·
Registered
347 Posts
Man.. If I could have a bike just to chug around town and look cool on, a Boardwalk would be it.. Beautiful bike.. But, I'm getting older and gotta travel distances, so, for me, not the better bike for that..

Not a huge selection of aftermarket goodies for it either.. Which is unfortunate.. :(

Still.. One Stylin' Ride! thumb up

·
Registered
149 Posts
Man.. If I could have a bike just to chug around town and look cool on, a Boardwalk would be it.. Beautiful bike.. But, I'm getting older and gotta travel distances, so, for me, not the better bike for that..

Not a huge selection of aftermarket goodies for it either.. Which is unfortunate.. :(

Still.. One Stylin' Ride! thumb up
I would have to disagree with that,
My Boardwalk is the best riding bike out of the 5 I have had since 2008.
2009 Kaw 500LTD 12k miles(new, trade for next)
2009 Yama 950Toure, 28K miles (traded for Boardwalk)
2005 HD 883-C , 3000 miles (sold)
2012 HD 1200 C/P 7000 miles ( traded for 2014 car)
2013 Victory BW, 7K and rolling.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I would have to disagree with that,
My Boardwalk is the best riding bike out of the 5 I have had since 2008.
2009 Kaw 500LTD 12k miles(new, trade for next)
2009 Yama 950Toure, 28K miles (traded for Boardwalk)
2005 HD 883-C , 3000 miles (sold)
2012 HD 1200 C/P 7000 miles ( traded for 2014 car)
2013 Victory BW, 7K and rolling.
Just a personal fit thing, is all thumb up

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey there fellow Boardwalk owners!!!!!! just curious to what exhaust systems you fellas are running? pro and cons. Right On.......cheers
Rush slip-ons, sounds great, no fuel processor as of yet, but aint sure I need one.

See posting in Boardwalk form, Rush slip-ons for photos.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I like the look of your pipes Red, i went with Victory genuine straight performance.
Had the baffles modified (cut off the cone point on the inside) and it gave them a meatier sound but i still get a bit of popping. Actually ran them without baffles for a day or two and while they sound mean it isn't very friendly to live with.
Running the pipes with original un-modified baffles i wasn't impressed with the sound.. though the weight difference alone from stock was massive (Bike used to lean to the right when off the handlebars, she's rock solid straight now)

I'm after a similar luggage rack to Justa_poser (save for it pushing into the seat!)
it'd be nice if it suits the lock N ride system (I have the bags) though i'm not fussed on having a backrest.

Regarding the windshield from OP, I have the tall windshield & a set of lowers from Memphis shades (part number long gone sorry)
They fit OK - the clamps (to attached perspex to the mounting bracket) are on a very slight angle so you need to hold your tongue right when attaching them, but they screw down tight and do the trick.
the stock windshield was terrible for me, couldn't ride due to the buffeting. Lowers do a great job but i still get a slight bit of wind on the top of my helmet (i'm 6.3)
Mounting brackets for the windshield & Lowers are fairly discrete and i leave them on my scoot full time.

I'm happy with the stock steat, 27000k's and no inclination to change, same with boards & handlebars.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts