Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
It's got an engorged headlamp. I think that means it's happy to see you?

Tubeless tires in sizes that give you more choices in quality tires...
113" engine... Dual discs up front... Decent aftermarket since it's been around a while... Lowest price in the test... The handlebars and seat suck on all three bikes, so you'll replace both.

Hello Yamaha.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Kind of glad to see a Vic win the Test but agree the Handlebars and Seat would have to go .. Happy with my XC anyway and the FXR4 is with me forever ..

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

Tubeless tires in sizes that give you more choices in quality tires...
113" engine... Dual discs up front... Decent aftermarket since it's been around a while... Lowest price in the test... The handlebars and seat suck on all three bikes, so you'll replace both.

Hello Yamaha.
I have to agree it would actually be a tough pick.. Having test rode the roadliner, I was pretty darn sold on their 1900 bikes. It was a hard sell for the High-Ball choice as the Raider (raked out version of this bike) was winning the 'my next bike' choice award easily. 113" single-pin engine, plus the handling that comes with that alluminum frame.

Also on the Roadliner/Stratoliner bikes.. You can swap that big can on the exhaust, keeping the stock exup valve setup, with a D&D slip-on.. Sounds freakin' awesome with just a tuner needed.

My only issues with the Roadliner/Stratoliner class are 1) the godaweful fenders and 2) the color scheme on the Strat which comes with the bags has been typically been just fugly. Poop burgundy brown. The roadliner/strat class sit a bit high for my personal tastes, as does the boardwalk (I suspect). I've sat on too many Big Dogs and Ironhorse bikes I think.. And I'd have to lose the beachy bars for apes which is easy enough.. Cash'll get you anything.

Star makes in my opinion though, the coolest of all the import cruisers.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Threw a leg over the Boardwalk at Scottsdale Victory last month that had pullbacks instead of beach cruiser bars. It was near enough perfect. Now if I could get 'em to put an X-bike seat on it, we'd be set.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Threw a leg over the Boardwalk at Scottsdale Victory last month that had pullbacks instead of beach cruiser bars. It was near enough perfect. Now if I could get 'em to put an X-bike seat on it, we'd be set.
Better take it for a ride. I have and can tell you that you'd be stepping way back on that move.

The one I rode had a windscreen so I missed the human sail experience of the nude version, but the screen still produced a lot of turbulent air buffeting me around a lot over ~50 mph or so...but that's the good part.

One of the shop salesmen rode behind me on a nude Boardwalk. I ground the **** out of the right side of the machine just making a low speed turn onto a side street as part of a demo parade. He said the pipes were grinding.

The suspension is kinda stiff, but works ok given how slow you'd have to ride it. The scooped seat and appendage rests forming me into a clam didn't help make it any more comfortable.

One surprising thing was the steering. I had demo'd a Judge which is essentially the same thing, a year or so ago. That thing steered like a truck. I figured it was either the narrow bars providing too little leverage or they used Superglue as the lubricant for the steering head bearings. Well, I now think it's the latter as even with the Boardwalk's cartoonishly wide handlebars, it's steering is still surprisingly heavy.

At the end of the ride I asked the salesman what he thought. He told me he thought he'd stick with the Vic touring line. I just nodded.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Better take it for a ride. I have and can tell you that you'd be stepping way back on that move.

The one I rode had a windscreen so I missed the human sail experience of the nude version, but the screen still produced a lot of turbulent air buffeting me around a lot over ~50 mph or so...but that's the good part.

One of the shop salesmen rode behind me on a nude Boardwalk. I ground the **** out of the right side of the machine just making a low speed turn onto a side street as part of a demo parade. He said the pipes were grinding.

The suspension is kinda stiff, but works ok given how slow you'd have to ride it. The scooped seat and appendage rests forming me into a clam didn't help make it any more comfortable.

One surprising thing was the steering. I had demo'd a Judge which is essentially the same thing, a year or so ago. That thing steered like a truck. I figured it was either the narrow bars providing too little leverage or they used Superglue as the lubricant for the steering head bearings. Well, I now think it's the latter as even with the Boardwalk's cartoonishly wide handlebars, it's steering is still surprisingly heavy.

At the end of the ride I asked the salesman what he thought. He told me he thought he'd stick with the Vic touring line. I just nodded.
I agree 100% about riding it first. It just felt pretty comfortable for me, just sitting on it. But yeah, that's no way to judge if it rides worth a damn. I think they're pretty sharp looking bikes on the whole, but I liked the Kingpin better...still not sure why it got modeled over into the Boardwalk.

I was just thinking aloud since we're always on the lookout for the perfect trade-up for my wife, so we'll know which way to jump when the time is right. She actually likes the Hammer and Vegas better than the Boardwalk, but I know if we go that way it'll be the same as her Shadow: touring accoutrement just doesn't look quite right on those custom-style bikes and it's hard to find stuff that fits the lines right.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just traded a 09 Yama 950 toure with 24k miles in on the new 13 Boardwalk, and from the limited miles (380)I have on the Boardwalk so far I would have to saay the Boardwalk is 80% better ride then the Yamaha was, only complaints I would have so far is the wind buffeting and constant shifting from 5th to 4th gear under 50mph, along with having to drop down to 3rd to go around a 90degree corner.
Have saddle bags, engine guardm driving lights and different whindshield on order for the Victory.
Old bike versus new bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Vics best looking cruiser

The Boardwalks wrap around fenders make it the best looking cruiser Victory has made so far , lots of people buy bikes and yank the fenders off as soon as they can get a set of fenders like that for the custom look. If you want a go fast in the twisties bike I recommend a Yamaha fz 09 , lotsa clearance on that one !

·
Registered
149 Posts
Have done a bit of customization on my Boardwalk, some is bolt on OEM others are not made or intended to fit a Boardwalk.
Currently working on installing a custom made luggage rack and back rest for my BW.
Here's how it looked last year.
I have replace the windshield with a shorter one, replace stock pipes with aftermarket, lowered the front signal lights to under the fork brace, replaced OEM mirrors with aftermarket ones, un seen is the sound system

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have done a bit of customization on my Boardwalk, some is bolt on OEM others are not made or intended to fit a Boardwalk.
Currently working on installing a custom made luggage rack and back rest for my BW.
Here's how it looked last year.
I have replace the windshield with a shorter one, replace stock pipes with aftermarket, lowered the front signal lights to under the fork brace, replaced OEM mirrors with aftermarket ones, un seen is the sound system
Looks very cool

1 - 17 of 17 Posts