Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why is the one I saw so different from the ones on web page? Does anyone know what they actually are or is this the start of a new Indian? New head with sparkplug moved, chain adjusters different, different swingarm, different engine cover (where mine says 6 speed) on lower right side, and speedo and small tach in housing in headlight housing. But was told motor is the same, at a different dealer.

Also remembered front fork has four bolts on each side holding front fender in place. This was all on Saturday, with second dealer today, with an open house at HD dealer thrown in after first seeing the Boardwalk.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Don't mind him, he is still sour. His bike was taken out of the lineup for this, the wonderful new direction Victory is going in. Soon Victory will be HD Jr.

Functional bikes will soon be just somebody that we used to know!

My advice is ignore the Boardwalk and walk right over to the Cross Country or Cross Country Tour and sit down. There you go, now everyone is happy.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
if you dont want a fairing,there are probably some cross roads
left. no spoke wheels. no whitewall tires. comfy[ kinda] seat.
and you can carry stuff home with you.we also are now the little
orphan annie of the vic lineup, so dont feel alone. oh well, they
did away my vtx and brought out a much higher priced and ugly
replacement for that too.havent even seen one of them on the road.
enjoy what you have or upgrade to something else you will like.
so far i havent regretted it too much.--irv

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Maybe it was a 2007 Honda VTX-N you were looking at. Its hard to tell the difference.
Since he said the instruments were in the headlight, the heads were different, and the swingarm was different... If I had to guess... I'd say it was a V-92C.

If the bike didn't look anything like the Boardwalk shown on the Victory website, then it obviously isn't the Boardwalk. A V-92C painted 'Boardwalk Blue' maybe?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the early V-92C only white with wire wheels. Went to dealer again for oil and actually found someone to talk to. The white one was gome and they had a dark colored production number 60 setting there. Did not know Victory modifies like HD, Sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts