Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with this fairing? I cannot find a Victory specific application and wondered how it would be installed. I also wondered what kind of protection if any it offered. Thank for any and all help.

·
13,247 Posts
here is what the brackets look like. You might reach him at Bob Dron harley davidson in oakland. Or write Arlen Ness.
The Bob Dron fairing looks so much like the Indian faring

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so very much. Where did you get the pic?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I called Arlen Ness and they no longer sell anything for my bike.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Umm yeah they do... They sell it for a 13 Highball which is pretty much the same as your bike.
So by purchasing the kit for a 2013 highball will work? I will see if there is availability. Would I need to mod anything? Thank you for your help.

Well did some poking around and can't find any info =( Guess I'l just have to go Batwing. Not like I mind just wish it was cheaper.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Cali Phil... There is no info. The Bob Dron isn't made for a Victory of any kind. You have to get creative my friend. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1443882888.518256.jpg

·
Registered
286 Posts
Cali Phil,
Just put this on my hammer...it does fit quite well and does offer some wind protection for the chest and depending on how tall you are for you head as well. Surprisingly looks pretty good in my opinion. You can order the Bob Dron from pretty much anywhere and it comes with mounting hardware. Only thing you will need are some extra nuts and bolts and the specific Victory windshield fork mount. You can get that from Honda/Victory East dealership. They are a vendor on here and mention that when you call to order the bracket. I can post some pics later today

·
Registered
102 Posts
bob dronn will work

Hey Cali Phil

I did the Bob Dronn to my 2011 vegas it worked great. The hardware needed was that off the mini standard windsheild from Victory. The hardware on the Bob Dronn hooked directly into it. I had ordered mine from Cruiser Customizing. The fairing works great to block wind balst to your body but lets you enjoy the breeze and the bike still looks great

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Cali Phil

I did the Bob Dronn to my 2011 vegas it worked great. The hardware needed was that off the mini standard windsheild from Victory. The hardware on the Bob Dronn hooked directly into it. I had ordered mine from Cruiser Customizing. The fairing works great to block wind balst to your body but lets you enjoy the breeze and the bike still looks great
Can you get me a front shot of your bike? I am getting kind of excited now. Can you link me to the exact parts I would order if it isn't to much trouble. The fairing itself and hardware. You are awesome. Are the forks the same on the 2011 as the 06?

·
Registered
102 Posts
bob dronn

yes those are the clamps, when i ordered the Bob Dronn from Cruiser Customizing they listed the Vegas, if they list any victory it will work because the hardware on the Dronn hooks into the Mini standard hardware. I had the mini standard windsheild already so it was easy. I added the turn signals to the fairing no need to. You will want to make sure you mount the hardware as far down on the fork and push the turn signal all the way to so the faring sits tight to the light. You can then play with the angle of the fairing to insure better wind mangement. no pic froms the front but do a search Bob Dronn on net should have a front view may even be mine

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
How much did you all pay for this setup? I move the look of my Highball naked, but im gonna need some wind protection if i want to extend my riding season here in New Jersey!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Muckers that is nice. I see it looks like you added blinkers to it. That is nicely done. I went ahead and ordered a Bullet FX fairing. I don't know why but the first time I looked at a bike with a bullet on it I wasn't to fond. The more I saw it the more I like it's minimalist size yet still looks effective. To me it makes the bike look kind of Steam Punk to me. I want to get some really oddly shaped round mirrors for the bars next. been looking at these.
Dirt Bike Joker Machine Viewtech 9 Conical Teardrop Mirror | MotoSport
Dirt Bike BikeMaster Switch Blade Mirror | MotoSport
Dirt Bike Joker Machine Viewtech 6 Low Brow Mirror | MotoSport
I can't believe how expensive mirrors are. It makes me wanna cry lol.

·
Registered
86 Posts
See the attached photos of the fairing I installed on my Vegas 8 Ball. Keeps wind off my chest but I did mount the fairing tight the bars as low as I could...because I like the look. The pics aren't great but it it what it is.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1444975310.639109.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1444975329.777388.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts