Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just put on my dead creek cycle bobber bag, and absolutely love it. The only way too go with putting a bag on a highball. Has anyone done a license relocation with thier bag? Could you supply a picture from the rear and side. ImageUploadedByMO Free1433154437.804458.jpg

Ideally I would like too have the plate sit even with the back of the bag, I'm even considering makeing my own that would mount off the bag bracket, has anyone tried this?

Iceball, cruising the Alaskan Frontier mile by mile.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1433164768.464783.jpg not sure if you can see cause this picture is kind of dark.... If you mount your bag on the swingarm where it's supposed to go the licence plate bracket will tie in nicely.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bobber bag & license plate

Lol too many people in this forum think there is a Spose too.
Thanks for the reply but your picture is too dark I can't see your license frame at all and barely make out the bag. I def prefer mine where it is vs on the swing arm.

When you moved your plate what blinkers did you go with?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Lol the only reason I say supposed to is what are you going to do about having a passenger? I actually ended up selling my Highball while I was still working on that. Most people use the LED fender trim. I bought some small led skulls from Arlen Ness. I was going to drill them into the fender. I know your going to say you won't have a passenger... I have a rebuttal for that when ever your ready! 😎

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on, I will say it was a long deliberation for me on choosing this setup. But I'm married, so no random chicks too pick up, and my wife only ever would ride passenger 2-3 times a summer for very short rides, like 20-50 miles tops she has a bad back. I don't see paying the money for a passenger seat/sisi bar/pegs, permanently changing the look of my bike just for those occasional rides. Plus I really like the solo rack from victory only that contours too the rear fender so will prob get that soon for longer trips too be able too strap down a large duffle or bed roll.

I've been leaning towards the led fender trim also they seem too be the best looking option. Just have too decide if I'm going too buy a frame too mount on my axle nut or make one too come off my bag mount. Lol my buddy said too just mount the plate on my bag, it's wide enough. Ever seen anyone try that?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I have seen the plate mount on swingarm bags many times. I had it on my old Fatboy. It's pretty easy to do depending on what your bag is constructed of.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I prefer a more square bag to match the lines of the swing arm. And rather than relocate the plate, I merely cut the beaver tail and mounted the plate to what's left. Looks badass to me. And when it's time for a passenger, she rides the back of the Cross Country. (Her choice, of course!)

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Show us a pic of the license, and a direct on pic of the bag. Did you actually mount your bag onto the swing arm then?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Show us a pic of the license, and a direct on pic of the bag. Did you actually mount your bag onto the swing arm then?

No. I bought some pieces of sheet metal from Home Depot. You will find them in the area near the lumbar because these pieces are designed to join them. You will need two t-pieces and a small straight piece. I opened up one of the existing holes to allow me to bolt it into the foot peg "socket" for lack of a better word. I bent the straight piece in a vise to suit my needs, drilled the T-pieces so I could bolt them together onto the end my bent piece. I cut the bag so I can place a T inside and another outside, the bent piece went into the slot I cut to join them both. Oh yeah, I painted them all black before final assembly. Here is a pic of the finished product.

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Here is a pic of my debeaver mod. I just took a hack saw and cut it off. I placed the license plate as high up on what was left drilled the holes and bolted it in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Now all you need to do is get rid of the scooter lights and she will look sweet! I did the same mod to my Highball.

·
Registered
460 Posts
So, you have a XC, a Highball, and your wife rides a Scout and you keep them all in that garage?

I want to be you when I grow up!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So, you have a XC, a Highball, and your wife rides a Scout and you keep them all in that garage?

I want to be you when I grow up!

+1, I plan too get a Orange XC eventually for longer trips and early spring/late fall rideing. Very nice shop.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts