Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 07 Kingpin last month and discovered that the bolts attaching the drivers seat seem to have the incorrect thread size. They're an allen bolt located behind the side covers. On my bike, it looks like the original owner replaced the bolts with something that doesn't quite fit. They only screw in about 1 full turn, then the threads bind up. Can anyone tell me the proper thread size for the seat bolts?
Cody

·
13,188 Posts
Cody
Do a search here there was a guy that stripped his and there were a hole lot of reply's telling how to fix it

·
Registered
129 Posts
RE: Drivers Seat

Cody it seems the thread that was referenced is for the passenger seat bolts and probably won't do you much good. The only thing that might be useful is the heli coil trick since I believe what you are dealing with is not attached to the fender, but the frame. Good luck and you might want to send a message to either diamond or kevin since they seem to be the experts here.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I bought an 07 Kingpin last month and discovered that the bolts attaching the drivers seat seem to have the incorrect thread size. They're an allen bolt located behind the side covers. On my bike, it looks like the original owner replaced the bolts with something that doesn't quite fit. They only screw in about 1 full turn, then the threads bind up. Can anyone tell me the proper thread size for the seat bolts?
Cody
The stock bolts are metric...8mmx1.25

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stock bolts are metric...8mmx1.25
Thanks, that's what I needed. I'll try new bolts first. If that fails, then I'll look into drilling the threads out and using a detent pin or something similar.
Cody

1 - 6 of 6 Posts