Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to make a bracket to mount my Wolo on the left side behind the rear jug. the bracket will mount into the 2 threaded holes that are right behind the front of the left cover. anybody know the thread size?
thanks!

·
Registered
12,212 Posts
Not sure what holes you are referring to, but here's what I'd do...
Try the various metric fasteners I have or take my set of metric taps to the bike and keep trying until I found one that fit. Read the size, check the hole depth and go to my local Ace Hardware store.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Not sure what holes you are referring to, but here's what I'd do...
Try the various metric fasteners I have or take my set of metric taps to the bike and keep trying until I found one that fit. Read the size, check the hole depth and go to my local Ace Hardware store.
In my tap and die set they have a thread finder that gets me enough info to figure it out. I use that a lot. Sorry if that info does not help.

·
Registered
12,212 Posts
In my tap and die set they have a thread finder that gets me enough info to figure it out. I use that a lot. Sorry if that info does not help.
My T&D set is a cheapie, I guess as it doesn't have that thread finder.:(

·
Registered
12,212 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the Wolo hooked up and mounted last night. Took about 3 hours but was taking my time (+ @ 60 it's getting harder and harder to get up and down). Made my bracket out of a pc. of 1/8 steel Friday night and painted black. Then last night mounted up the horn behind the rear cyclinder using the 2 holes mentioned earlier. Remove the old POS factory horn, attached the 2 wires to the relay, Made up a new wire with a 20 amp in-line fuse and attached to battery, and another new wire back to horn. On new wire back to horn I just fished it thru the existing tie wraps back to the attachment area. Had to use a couple of ties in certain areas just to tidy things up. Made a short ground wire and attached to exixting ground at rear of fuel tank.

I attached the relay to the bracket for the original horn with another tie wrap....DONE!

Much better Horn...This thing is Loud! I believe this is a must for our X bikes and it's an easy upgrade!

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
12,212 Posts
Sparky, I'll show you mine and you show us yours....
My horns are the ones that came out on top in Motorcycle Consumer News' horn comparo in the most recent issue. They sound like a big car and cause heads to snap in their direction--exactly the result I want. The clamps are made by PIAA and are intended for lights, but with a short link, they do a great job a solidly mounting the horns and being able to orient them any way I desire--there is one horn on each side. Since they are close to the frame, no one sees them--I have to point them out. I removed the OEM horn and placed the relay near the battery, along with a 6 terminal fuse block for current (!) and future goodies.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,212 Posts
Not bad! Tucks right in there. If I may, I suggest you paint it flat black so it becomes less noticeable. No one sees my horns cuz they blend in against the frame. Just a thought from an old geezer.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Got the Wolo hooked up and mounted last night. Took about 3 hours but was taking my time (+ @ 60 it's getting harder and harder to get up and down). Made my bracket out of a pc. of 1/8 steel Friday night and painted black. Then last night mounted up the horn behind the rear cyclinder using the 2 holes mentioned earlier. Remove the old POS factory horn, attached the 2 wires to the relay, Made up a new wire with a 20 amp in-line fuse and attached to battery, and another new wire back to horn. On new wire back to horn I just fished it thru the existing tie wraps back to the attachment area. Had to use a couple of ties in certain areas just to tidy things up. Made a short ground wire and attached to exixting ground at rear of fuel tank.

I attached the relay to the bracket for the original horn with another tie wrap....DONE!

Much better Horn...This thing is Loud! I believe this is a must for our X bikes and it's an easy upgrade!

Ride Safe!
Did you have to lift the tank to run the wires from the wolo to the battery? I've been debating this location, verses under the fairing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you have to lift the tank to run the wires from the wolo to the battery? I've been debating this location, verses under the fairing.
Not at all. Just got down on the ground and ran it along the wiring harness. you can see better from low and just use small cable ties to secure....Easy!thumb up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts