Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a victory xc 2014 and the radio signal sucks. What do I need to increase my signal strength so I can keep stations longer. I am going to do an upgrade on the speakers and install an amp but do I need a signal booster also..............thanks ....two-dogs

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Hey guys I have a victory xc 2014 and the radio signal sucks. What do I need to increase my signal strength so I can keep stations longer. I am going to do an upgrade on the speakers and install an amp but do I need a signal booster also..............thanks ....two-dogs
I have a signal booster in my garage waiting, when I'm home I will install it... I don't know if it works yet

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
When I lived in a rural area I used one. It was hit or miss. Powered antenna boosters don't do much either.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
When I level in a rural area I used one. It was hit or miss. Powered antenna boosters don't do much either.
So you are saying that I waisted 5.27 Singapore dollars?

I feel cheated and bankrupt...

Hi hi...

Is it just me or the vic radios do not have a very good reception ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
So you are saying that I waisted 5.27 Singapore dollars?

Is it just me or the vic radios do not have a very good reception ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk
It's not just you. It's the worst radio I've ever had, on car or motorcycle. Good thing it's a great bike!

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
HD radios aren't any better. That's why its so popular to change the radios out. i ran a powered radio antenna on my road king and it sucked. When mu POS kenwood **** the bed and I had Cycle soundz change it out for a sony the installewr pulled it. He then got out his soldering gun and some wire and made up a 3-4 foot long antenna with he routed around inside my fairing. I got way better reception then i ever did with the powered antenna.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I had Cycle soundz change it out for a sony the installewr pulled it. He then got out his soldering gun and some wire and made up a 3-4 foot long antenna with he routed around inside my fairing. I got way better reception then i ever did with the powered antenna.
Now that home made attenna is some interesting stuff....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
13,188 Posts
half to keep in mind the radio station might not be sending a signal your way.
I have one station I like and if I head north its with me for a good 100 miles. But if I head south its only good for 40 miles.
I was told 18 inches all you need for antenna not the big long ones.
I think our radios suck

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have decided that probably no bike radio is worth a crap. LOL I thought the XCT might have poor I have the short antenna on it. I put one of those powered boosters and it may have helped marginally. My RSV was probably the best of any I had. Thank goodness for the ipod and pandora

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Yes, the Royal Star Venture's radio was much better!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts