Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I are taking a trip to the White Mountains August 1st. Issue is she's a fairly new rider and personally I don't think she's ready for a 2 1/2 hour ride with all our luggage strapped on.

Does anyone in the Boston area have a trailer we could use to tow my Highball and her Shadow?

Thanks
Mike

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
You did not say if you were camping. Also no indication of what bikes you are talking about. If you expect help, you first have to help us. Completing a signature would be great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You did not say if you were camping. Also no indication of what bikes you are talking about. If you expect help, you first have to help us. Completing a signature would be great.

Excuse me? Not to be rude, but if you read the post, I clearly say High Ball and Shadow. It doesn't matter if I'm going camping or just taking the bikes for a tow through the mountain air.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
My sorry...you're dealing the old guy here. If motorcycle camping, you'll have a lot more gear than if you're moteling it. If you can't land a trailer, I suggest you stay in motels and carry only what you need. You do know that you place the lesser experienced rider ahead of you and ride their ride, not the other way around.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My sorry...you're dealing the old guy here. If motorcycle camping, you'll have a lot more gear than if you're moteling it. If you can't land a trailer, I suggest you stay in motels and carry only what you need. You do know that you place the lesser experienced rider ahead of you and ride their ride, not the other way around.

No problem, sorry for my sarcastic reply. No we are staying at a friends B &B. Were taking both bikes and truck so we can do a bit more then just ride up and down hills. Haha. With the outlets being down the road, I'm sure my friend is going to want to shop. I think I'll need a trailer alone to haul all her buys home!

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Looks like you've got this sorted out Mike. Have fun and make it fun for her. Some marital hills are not worth going up and dying on. Lots of experience with that since a wedding in 1957.

·
Registered
504 Posts
If shes not ready for a 2.5 hour ride then maybe you should just rethink the ride. Do some smaller rides until she gets comfortable with the bike and the longer distances will come to her no problem.

Dont force it, just go out and ride it to her ability, not yours. It may take a bit of time, but it will be everlasting. Or it may be the last 2.5 hour ride she ever takes!

but dont trailer!!!

Famous Quote "Trailers are for Boats Silly Biker" unknown

Good luck

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
You can rent one from U-Haul. But as others have hinted, if you have to tow your motorcycle places, maybe you should sell the bikes and find another hobby. cheers Otherwise, build up your friend's endurance and experience, and ride the 2.5 hour trip. Take breaks often for her to rest and stay hydrated. It will be a lot more fun than towing.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Post 1- Can I borrow your trailer?
Post 2- Umbrage.
Post 3- Oops. Umbrage reassessed.

I'm going with no, you can not borrow my trailer.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Post 1- Can I borrow your trailer?
Post 2- Umbrage.
Post 3- Oops. Umbrage reassessed.

I'm going with no, you can not borrow my trailer.
Best post in 2014 so far :ltr:
More flies with honey...

Add to that the fact that he is a BRAND NEW member (only 2 posts) without anyone here vouching for him is like having a 1% stumble into a local bar and ask to borrow your new Mercedes.... not gonna happen! There is a right way and a wrong way to do things and the original posters methods fall into that "wrong way" model.

I am all for helping out other bikers but with only 2 post EVER, this guy could simply be wanting to steal some unsuspecting guy's trailer.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm seeing a count of 2 posts on his ID (although he posted 3 times in this thread) but that would mean his first post on the forum is asking to barrow an item that costs several hundred dollars. Am I the only one that thinks no way? I agree, a 2.5 hour ride is nothing. Ride it and enjoy it.

Oh, and great post Pop!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not trying to bash but if only going 250 miles and a weekend that wouldn't even fill a bag on my bike. Of course I'd also toss in the cooler but that is me. If you are thinking about shopping more then riding I'd say leave the bikes at home and save the trouble. But that is just me.

And you've got almost 2 weeks of riding to get in the time. A 2.5 hour trip isn't an overnight, that is a lunch ride and back. I've ridden more than 2.5 one way just for ice cream.

Best of luck, or just stick with your truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I want to steal your trailers, you caught me. Shucks.

You're right, being my "first" actual post besides an intro, I can see the skepticism. The fact the you all jump down the throat of a newbie for minuscule request, is by far worse then the request in itself. Aren't the point of these sites to help one another? If I wanted to be judged and insulted by a bunch of old men, I would have bought a Harley.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
yes, i want to steal your trailers, you caught me. Shucks.

You're right, being my "first" actual post besides an intro, i can see the skepticism. The fact the you all jump down the throat of a newbie for minuscule request, is by far worse then the request in itself. Aren't the point of these sites to help one another? If i wanted to be judged and insulted by a bunch of old men, i would have bought a harley.

sent from motorcycle.com free app
get off my lawn!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Not trying to bash but if only going 250 miles and a weekend that wouldn't even fill a bag on my bike. Of course I'd also toss in the cooler but that is me. If you are thinking about shopping more then riding I'd say leave the bikes at home and save the trouble. But that is just me.

And you've got almost 2 weeks of riding to get in the time. A 2.5 hour trip isn't an overnight, that is a lunch ride and back. I've ridden more than 2.5 one way just for ice cream.

Best of luck, or just stick with your truck.
I'm with Chugly on this one. 2.5 hours is a short ride, and even a novice should be able to handle it. If you want to make it a road trip instead, that's cool, but you're adding a lot of a hassle for minimum enjoyment trailering the bikes.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Man did guys all take your meds today or what! lol :ltr:thumb up
I did! they gave me an upset stomach today tho. I'm not sure why.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts