Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This makes me want to puke, This publication has sunk to a new low... Disgusting.:mad:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Of course they're a liberal organization. It's a rock-n-roll culture publication. It's ABOUT counterculture. They're going to have inflammatory stories and covers that piss people off and offend sensibilities. That's why they're in business.

Does this young terrorist need to be glorified? No. Did Crazy Charley need to be in '70? Nope, that guy was a household name by then. They gonna do it anyway? You bet your ass, cuz it'll get the old folks riled and the young folks readin'.

Besides, it was either that or another Kurt Cobain tribute issue, and there are plently of those in the world already.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course they're a liberal organization. It's a rock-n-roll culture publication. It's ABOUT counterculture. They're going to have inflammatory stories and covers that piss people off and offend sensibilities. That's why they're in business.

Does this young terrorist need to be glorified? No. Did Crazy Charley need to be in '70? Nope, that guy was a household name by then. They gonna do it anyway? You bet your ass, cuz it'll get the old folks riled and the young folks readin'.

Besides, it was either that or another Kurt Cobain tribute issue, and there are plently of those in the world already.

I hear you but this Bastard blew up innocent folks, I had friends at the Marathon , people I know, he needs to be prosecuted and then executed, not put on the cover of a fucking magazine....:mad:

·
Registered
54 Posts
...I want to say they are a fairly Liberal organization... To me , that tells the story... IMHO.
How come Republicans incessantly throw comments around about "liberal this" and "liberal that"... Constantly stereotyping any kind of liberal (social liberal, fiscal liberal, conservative liberal, liberal conservative, liberal salt users, etc) as complete idiots when it's most Republicans (note that I didn't say conservatives) that can't differentiate between fiscal and social conservatism.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
How come Republicans incessantly throw comments around about "liberal this" and "liberal that"...
Because it's way easier than thinking and makes them feel better about themselves.

I still enjoy checking out RS band recommendations on Spotify. I'm also a big fan of Matt Taibbi.

As to the cover, so what? Dude's caught and going nowhere. I haven't read the article, but I'd bet it doesn't glorify him. Gotta admit, it does draw interest. Here we are in a Victory motorcycle forum yakking about it as if it's meaningful.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How come Republicans incessantly throw comments around about "liberal this" and "liberal that"... Constantly stereotyping any kind of liberal (social liberal, fiscal liberal, conservative liberal, liberal conservative, liberal salt users, etc) as complete idiots when it's most Republicans (note that I didn't say conservatives) that can't differentiate between fiscal and social conservatism.

Take it easy, I came to this conclusion by reading about , 2 of their articles... It wasn't hard to figure out... But in my defense, they are glorifying a terrorist that my tax dollars probably helped pay for his schooling .... I'm PISSED , What Rolling Stone did today is Un-American.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Take it easy, I came to this conclusion by reading about , 2 of their articles... It wasn't hard to figure out... But in my defense, they are glorifying a terrorist that my tax dollars probably helped pay for his schooling .... I'm PISSED , What Rolling Stone did today is Un-American.
Actually, denying freedom of the press is what's unAmerican. Get a grip dood.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Because it's way easier than thinking and makes them feel better about themselves.

I still enjoy checking out RS band recommendations on Spotify. I'm also a big fan of Matt Taibbi.

As to the cover, so what? Dude's caught and going nowhere. I haven't read the article, but I'd bet it doesn't glorify him. Gotta admit, it does draw interest. Here we are in a Victory motorcycle forum yakking about it as if it's meaningful.
I will feel better when this Punk meets his demise... Hopefully sooner then later.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I will feel better when this Punk meets his demise... Hopefully sooner then later.
Whether that's tomorrow or 50 years from now, it won't undo what he did. As it stands now, he won't be doing it again in this life. Unfortunately, that's the best we can get.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually, denying freedom of the press is what's unAmerican. Get a grip dood.
You get a grip , we are talking about a terrorist here , that blew up Americans ... 20 miles from my house I might add , this hits home for me, The magazine is a rag anyway....IMO , Sorry, that's how I feel. Over and out.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
You get a grip , we are talking about a terrorist here , that blew up Americans ... 20 miles from my house I might add , this hits home for me, The magazine is a rag anyway....IMO , Sorry, that's how I feel. Over and out.
Read the article. If Rolling Stone gives him a verbal blow job, come back and I'll rant and rave with you.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Read the article. If Rolling Stone gives him a verbal blow job, come back and I'll rant and rave with you.
Thanks Saddle , it would mean a lot if you were on my side on this one....thumb up

·
Registered
54 Posts
Why should I take it easy? Almost half of the active topics I click on everyday have intolerant people being belligerent towards "liberals"... Usually for no reason, especially nothing done by an actual liberal. I'm effing sick of it... If conservatives are so offended by a black democrat being president how about trying to win over the independent voters with something more than school yard bullying and name calling.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why should I take it easy? Almost half of the active topics I click on everyday have intolerant people being belligerent towards "liberals"... Usually for no reason, especially nothing done by an actual liberal. I'm effing sick of it... If conservatives are so offended by a black democrat being president how about trying to win over the independent voters with something more than school yard bullying and name calling.

What did I say that was incorrect? Rolling Stone is in fact a liberal magazine? Prove me wrong, I will listen, But there is no proof to the contrary. I'm sorry I offended you, my apologies.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had a Rolling Stone subscription for close to 20 years, I finally dropped it over the incessant articles about Bush and going after terrorists being a waste of money, etc... I guess that's what happens when you find clarity in your life, I quit smoking pot and partying regularly around the same time

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I had a Rolling Stone subscription for close to 20 years, I finally dropped it over the incessant articles about Bush and going after terrorists being a waste of money, etc... I guess that's what happens when you find clarity in your life
I would ask you what clarity you have in your life.

Your odds of being fucked over by a terrorist are in the neighborhood of about a zillion to one. The odds of you dying from easily and cheaply treatable diseases like diabetes or early detectable cancers are in the single digits to one.

Anyone who thinks we are spending our tax dollars wisely at protecting our countrymen has no clue of mathematics.

But what the hell, we're Amuricans! We revel in stupidity!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Putting his picture up is one thing but this kind of picture makes it look like the young terrorist heart throb addition. To glorify a kid like this is really wrong on so many levels, and will just give encouragement to others. I don't see how anyone no matter what their political leanings can thing this a good idea, or even a non issue.

I mean this kid set a bomb next to young child. Lets' put him on the cover and make him look like a rock star.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Putting his picture up is one thing but this kind of picture makes it look like the young terrorist heart throb addition.
And the hope is that the photo draws your curiosity to read their story. And undoubtedly, their story will be about a young man who was lead into an insanely stupid way of life, just as so many who cling to blind "leadership" are.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts