Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my ‘14 XC. I got it in March of this year and it has seen quite the transformation since then. I have replaced factory silver forks with a brand new set of black factory forks, replaced my tired old stock xc front wheel with a ‘17 Hammer S wheel, installed 6x9 speaker lids w/ a matching set of 6 JL audio speakers for the bags/fairing/trunk, installed ness front turn signals, klock werks 11” front flare windshield, powdercoated my factory rear wheel gloss black as well as many other parts satin black. It has been a pretty fun project for me as I am a certified master victory technician who just couldn’t ever afford to fork out the dough for one of these awesome machines until recently. Thanks in advance for any views this gets and any positive feedback that may come my way. I have included a picture of what it looked like when I got it and how it sits today.
F59E6F10-1734-4647-8123-8ED7BB454529.jpeg
6C20C262-33DC-44CD-9ECD-5758C641CD2F.jpeg

·
Registered
980 Posts
Welcome to the forum and bike is looking sweet you're making it yours!!

Ride safe and enjoy the wealth of information available here!

Rob

·
Registered
543 Posts
nice transformation! question: what was involved with swapping the front wheel out for the hammer rim? you have my curiosity piqued....

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Welcome to the forums, nice scooter!

·
Registered
2014 XC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hammer wheel is a direct bolt on, axle spacers are the same part numbers as well as the axle itself.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
What seat are you using?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Looking good! Welcome, from Austin, TX :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is my ‘14 XC. I got it in March of this year and it has seen quite the transformation since then. I have replaced factory silver forks with a brand new set of black factory forks, replaced my tired old stock xc front wheel with a ‘17 Hammer S wheel, installed 6x9 speaker lids w/ a matching set of 6 JL audio speakers for the bags/fairing/trunk, installed ness front turn signals, klock werks 11” front flare windshield, powdercoated my factory rear wheel gloss black as well as many other parts satin black. It has been a pretty fun project for me as I am a certified master victory technician who just couldn’t ever afford to fork out the dough for one of these awesome machines until recently. Thanks in advance for any views this gets and any positive feedback that may come my way. I have included a picture of what it looked like when I got it and how it sits today. View attachment 252520 View attachment 252519
That is beautiful! The black forks are an improvement, for sure. I have the 2013 XCTour, don't get to ride it much, has maybe 7,000 miles on it! I would enjoy it more if I could pull the handgrips back further (I have a 34" sleeve length, so I am not tiny), but even with the Ness pullbacks I still have to lean a little too much, putting weight on my wrists and shoulders that they don't appreciate. I thought about pulling the bars and getting somebody to weld on an extension, or build a custom billet clamp, to the straight section down by the tank. Just a couple inches would take a lot of the strain from this very LOOOONG geometry bike. What are you running for handlebars?

·
Registered
12,412 Posts
Well enough should never be left alone.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
tehannah, They make OEM +2" pullback bars. They are hard to find and expensive (~$300 new back when Polaris sold them) but very hard to find now. Victory/Polaris no longer makes/stocks them so you have to find them used which is tough. However, they do exist. I have three sets on my and my wife's bikes.

Make sure to get the proper part number. They make +2" pullback bars for other Victory bikes that, while they are +2" pullback for that bike, are identical to the stock XC/XCT bars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts