Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I pulled the trigger and bought a Vision this weekend. I have been riding my 1300C VTX for a few years but wanted to upgrade.

I was worried about a few things like the weight of the MC when stopping in stop and go traffic. I like the MC better w/o the trunk and honestly I was shopping for a XC and was not in love with the looks of the Vision.

WELL..

I was sold when I drove it.

I saw this Steel Gray Vision Premium. It had a trunk but I knew I could remove it. I really liked the looks of this color and the price was sure good. It had lowers, CB and new tires. When researching Victory, a few things I liked about the Vision was the You Tube video showing the tip over protection and the moveable windshield.

I am not totally adjusted to the sloooow smooth stopping but I think that will come in short time. Was that your findings as well?

Anyhow, on my test ride it was just so clear that I have never ridden a MC of this caliber EVER. It is so balanced and limber on the highway.

I think I am really going to enjoy this MC. All the propaganda regarding the design and construction is no hype. That was obvious to me when I removed the trunk and saw the frame.

Anyhow, sure would like to hear your comments and what you all think about the learning curve regarding slow maneuvers/driving in stop and go traffic.

Bill

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats,so did I,2011 pearl white.I came off an Ultra Limited.It;s a whole new ride for me compared to the Harley.I'm a little shakey in a parking lot,the Vision's 3" longer I believe.Out on the highway it's a trip,smooth,handles great and great torque up a grade.Although I'm breaking it in only 350 miles today.My only beef with it are the mirrors but I guess I'll get used to them.I think the Vision was made for long,long rides.I was a little concerned about the storage but when I got it home ev
rything I packed in the Ultra fit.All I need is the tour pak rack,mounting my GPS and Sirius radio
and I'll be good to go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
BF, I'm a fellow 08 owner and also love the bike. Like some others have experienced, mine is stalling at red lights so it's in the shop for that and a10,000 mile service. Hoping they figure out how to fix the stalling.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2008 vison transmission

I also have a 2008 victory vison, but "beware of transmision problems." I took mine to the shop about a month ago, i was told that a pin attached to the shifter lever had broke (a minor fix according to the service dept @ FRS Powersports in Memphis,Tn.) However after driving for 100 miles, it fails again and leaves me on the side of the road. The fix this time is to break the trans. down install a new pin and apply locktight to the pin ( according to Victory engineers). My question, is this going to fix my problem (OR) am I going to have to have a NEW TRANSMISSION at only 9,000 miles. At this point I am very disappointed in VICTORY. My bike has been in the shop for over a month, so not a lot of riding for me this summer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just bought a new 2011 Vision tour 3 weeks ago. Im 5ft7 170 pounds , I guess thats kinda small for these bikes but I wanted the ultimate in comfort and thats exactly what a Vision is all about. The bike is top heavy (just like any full dresser) if you let it lean over too far so I try not to get into any compromising situations. Its a little awkward backing up because my legs hit the tip over protection things on the rear, just need to get used to it being there. Im going to take the trunk off after Daytona biktoberfest , I think the Visions look better without it and I think its around 50 pounds.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought my 2011 vision last week and took her in for the 500 mile service to day and picked up my drivers back rest I ordered when I bought her so while I was waiting I ordered the upper rear fender panle so that when I take off the trunk I have it to fill the hole.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Like you said, it'll take some adjustment. I'm a 34in inseam so my feet are squarely planted, but with mama on the back and luggage compartments loaded up, I'm sometimes fighting the stops a bit. With a few thousand miles on the bike now, stop and go is finally becoming more of an afterthought. Enjoy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts