Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a red XCT from Honda East!! I'm very excited!

I didn't get great feelings from my local dealers. I was in Toledo for work last fall and stopped in Honda East just to look. Well, the staff was friendly and helpful, so when it was time to buy a bike, I gave them a call.

Worked out great! Better prices, more helpful and I didn't feel I was buying a used car.

So here is my problem: I live About an hour west of Chicago. It works best (not good, just best) if I take the Amtrak out of Chicago to Toledo and then ride home.

Trouble is my train arrives in Toledo at 2:30 A.M.:( I'm not trying to put anybody out and I have no problems if no one volunteers but....I'm wondering if anybody in that area would let me crash on there couch for a few hours the morning of 5/26. Maybe someone that is getting off of work around that hour?

Anyway, I'll figure something out no matter what! One of the pluses is that I get to put almost all of my break-in mileage on in one (LONGGG) day! cheers

I have learned a ton from the people on this forum and the frank opinions expressed on here helped me pick the Vic over a new Ultra.

I look forward to lots of great miles on my new bike!! thumb upthumb upthumb up

Bill

·
Premium Member
13,660 Posts
You can do the break in all in one shot like that but the best thing to do would be to let it cool a few times during the break in period so if you see some place to stop for an hour or so 2 or 3 times during your trip; it would be better for the bike.

Congrats and Welcome.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can do the break in all in one shot like that but the best thing to do would be to let it cool a few times during the break in period so if you see some place to stop for an hour or so 2 or 3 times during your trip; it would be better for the bike.

Congrats and Welcome.
Yep, absolutely. That's my plan. Thus, the long day. It's less than 400 miles back to my place but I plan on taking my time. thumb up

Bill

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Congrats and Welcome.
Yep, absolutely. That's my plan. Thus, the long day. It's less than 400 miles back to my place but I plan on taking my time. thumb up

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts