Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am a new member and just purchased a cross country tour. I am looking for a bit of rumble. Has anyone put on Arlin Ness Big Honkers??? Wanting to find out if these are to mild. Also going with the air and fuel controller. Any comments
thanks Bcflyguy

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I can't help you with your technical questions other to say that I had a Power Commander V and Auto Tune put on my CR and liked it...right up until it shorted out. I'm now in my 4th week without it while it is back in Las Vegas being tested. I'm sure it'll all work out in the end, but very frustrating at the moment.

Welcome and enjoy your new ride.

Be safe.

·
13,002 Posts
Welcome
Now thats out of the way do a search here on exhaust or go to youtube either one will give you what your looking for and you can spend a day an a half reading what every one thinks.

We all think ours sound great and with out cams a tuner is not really worth it for 700 bucks

·
Registered
43 Posts
I also thought I wanted more rumble from my new XCT....Tried Ness Honkers ... only lasted a couple of months...TOO loud for me! Went back to stock pipes and lovin it now!
Really do not understand the "loud pipes" thing... really wears on you on long rides! But...to each his own! Enjoy the new bike, you're going to love it.
Walt

·
Registered
372 Posts
I also thought I wanted more rumble from my new XCT....Tried Ness Honkers ... only lasted a couple of months...TOO loud for me! Went back to stock pipes and lovin it now!
Really do not understand the "loud pipes" thing... really wears on you on long rides! But...to each his own! Enjoy the new bike, you're going to love it.
Walt
That's why I like the S1. Just right, gives the deep rumble without the LOUD. :D

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Check out the baffled mufflers from WitchDoctors..

There are multiple clips on Youtube, the one where Jon was at Daytona got me real interested. So I just put them on my XCT...stock was just way too 'polite' and I heard more noise from the engine that I did from the exhausts. But I love these new WD pipes...louder than a Victory Stage 1 at any speeed and throttle setting and it raps very nicely when rolling on the throttle...these are EXACTLY what I was looking for. No reflashing necessary, only thing I had dome earlier was to disconnect the 02 sensors which cured the popping and backfiring. VERY happy camper here with the WD pipes..

mcnor
'12 Black XCT, 2" pullbacks, WitchDoctor baffled pipes

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
That's why I like the S1. Just right, gives the deep rumble without the LOUD. :D
+1thumb up

I was going to go with the S1 but after riding a demo XCT with them on it.....I could not tell the difference in sound or performance.
That's what I like about the Stage 1 setup, being on the bike you don't hear it so much, but if you are a bystander and a bike rides by with it they sound very good, so IMHO you get the best of both worlds, somewhat quiet in the saddle for the long rides but a good sounding bike to everyone else.

I briefly thought about getting louder pipes after a close call a couple weekend's ago, but installed an airhorn instead:cool:

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I did the Stage 1 upgrade at 1000 miles and listened to dozens of youtube clips for exhaust. I went with D&D and I love the deep rumble rolling on and backing off the throttle. Dealer says they will tend to get louder as the glass-packs wear. Big honkers are louder and I didn't want to attract as many cops.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts