Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I had posted here but after Saddlebag asked I couldn't find it so...

I've always loved Indians but not good enough of a wrench to own a vintage Indian, and not rich enough to lay out $35,000 for the last couple of resurrections. Have already purchased an XR I knew what Polaris was capable of. Went for a test ride a couple of months back and liked the handling of the Chieftain more than the Vintage. The wife had an operation at the beginning of the year and wasn't recovered well enough until recently to test ride one herself. The demo truck was at Chesapeake Cycle two weeks ago, momma was feeling good enough to ride so we took one out. She was happy, I was happy so.... I traded in my 2010 XR for a red Chieftain, the ONLY color an Indian can be IMO

Anyway, here is a pic of Lucy, named after one of my favorite red heads.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I rode a Vintage at Americade, didn't get a chance at a Chieftain as it was the most popular model there. That said, it seemed like a very well-put-together machine and had great power and a beautiful exhaust note even for stock pipes. Comfy and well-mannered.

Good luck and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I thought I had posted here but after Saddlebag asked I couldn't find it so...

I've always loved Indians but not good enough of a wrench to own a vintage Indian, and not rich enough to lay out $35,000 for the last couple of resurrections. Have already purchased an XR I knew what Polaris was capable of. Went for a test ride a couple of months back and liked the handling of the Chieftain more than the Vintage. The wife had an operation at the beginning of the year and wasn't recovered well enough until recently to test ride one herself. The demo truck was at Chesapeake Cycle two weeks ago, momma was feeling good enough to ride so we took one out. She was happy, I was happy so.... I traded in my 2010 XR for a red Chieftain, the ONLY color an Indian can be IMO

Anyway, here is a pic of Lucy, named after one of my favorite red heads.
Very nice. Did you see those new round air-cleaners for the Chieftain next year? Crossroads posted some pics. Sure it would fit any of them. Looks much cleaner than the big box to my eye. Just like the old days:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Air cleaner and the trunk are the two big accessories I am interested in. The 111 puts out more heat than my XR did so I'm thinking I won't put hard lowers on even if they offer them. Though I wonder if Lloyd's will be coming out with his own air cleaner anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Congrats on your new Indian! cheers

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Congrats beautiful bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I rode a Vintage at Americade, didn't get a chance at a Chieftain as it was the most popular model there. That said, it seemed like a very well-put-together machine and had great power and a beautiful exhaust note even for stock pipes. Comfy and well-mannered.

Good luck and enjoy!
I test rode the vintage and the Chieftain back to back last week. the Vintage was bone stock and the Chieftain had Stage one dealer flash and pipes. I gotta tell you the heat difference was profound. The stage one Chieftain was so much cooler running. I wouldnt purchase one with out it. The Heat from the Vintage was very noticeable to the point of being very uncomfortable

1 - 9 of 9 Posts