Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local dealer with every intention to ride out on a 2013 Judge. But when I got there, I saw a black 2013 Boardwalk and forgot all about the Judge.

I had seen the white 2013s and the new 2014s and they just never did anything for me. But seeing the black 2013 in person was totally different

I've only put 80 miles on it now but the bike rides great. It is so much more confidence inspiring than the softail I had been riding before

Although I am having one issue and that is the engine cutting out. The day I rode it home it died on me when I was downshifting. And today when I was out the idle was really low. It would vary anywhere between 800-850 RPM to all the way down to 600 RPM. And once it died on me at a traffic light. I wasn't at the light for more than a minute. I started having to give it a bit of gas when stopped to keep it around 900. When it was going low I could feel the engine struggling to stay running. Any ideas of what's wrong?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I went to my local dealer with every intention to ride out on a 2013 Judge. But when I got there, I saw a black 2013 Boardwalk and forgot all about the Judge.
Congrats. She looks great! cheers
Although I am having one issue and that is the engine cutting out. The day I rode it home it died on me when I was downshifting. And today when I was out the idle was really low. It would vary anywhere between 800-850 RPM to all the way down to 600 RPM. And once it died on me at a traffic light. I wasn't at the light for more than a minute. I started having to give it a bit of gas when stopped to keep it around 900. When it was going low I could feel the engine struggling to stay running. Any ideas of what's wrong?
Nothing's wrong. The bike will loosen up throughout the break-in period (500 miles), and beyond (up until about 2,000 miles). I've had the same happen when mine was new, and lots of others have reported the same experience. The good news is, it goes away. What you can do to help it in the mean time is disconnect the O² sensors.

·
Registered
566 Posts
That black sure is nice! Congrats man and welcome!

I have the 100ci motor which is suppose to idle between 950-1050rpm. When I first got it it idled at 1400-1500. On my bike there is an idle screw that I adjusted to correct the idle speed. However, I do not know if the newer bikes have that idle screw adjuster. If I were u id call the dealer and ask them to look the bike over because it sounds like they didnt set everything up correctly when they gave it to u.

Edit: CR and I posted at the same time. maybe its normal on new bikes afterall.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats. She looks great! cheers

Nothing's wrong. The bike will loosen up throughout the break-in period (500 miles), and beyond (up until about 2,000 miles). I've had the same happen when mine was new, and lots of others have reported the same experience. The good news is, it goes away. What you can do to help it in the mean time is disconnect the O² sensors.
Ok good. That's what I was hoping for. Buddy of mine bought a high ball a month or two ago and when I asked him, he never had that issue. I'm taking it on the 50 mile back road trip to work tomorrow so hopefully it doesn't give me too many problems. Its almost all country roads except for leaving the house and getting to work. So it shouldn't be too bad.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
more pics

More pictures of the bike please. Different angles. Have not seen one in black.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll take some more today, but I have a few from when it was in the showroom.

Not the greatest of angles so reserve your judgement til later today

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You will want to think about getting a lift for that guy.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
If it is idling below 950, you need to see the dealer. The Victory oil pumps are designed to flow at higher idle than 600 rpm. You could potentially damage your engine. It shouldn't die either, but as is pointed out already, they are sold running real lean to meet EPA. Like Crossroads said, disconnect the 02 sensors, that will force the fuel injection to fatten up the fuel mixture a little.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome to the forum , and congrats on the new steed ! cheers

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If it is idling below 950, you need to see the dealer. The Victory oil pumps are designed to flow at higher idle than 600 rpm. You could potentially damage your engine. It shouldn't die either, but as is pointed out already, they are sold running real lean to meet EPA. Like Crossroads said, disconnect the 02 sensors, that will force the fuel injection to fatten up the fuel mixture a little.
Took it to work this morning. Had no shutoff issues and the idle stayed around 850-900. I'm going to call my dealer and see what they recommend me do. After I get home, the bike should be around 180 miles.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Congratulations on gettin the Boardwalk. A buddy of mine at work is drooling for a Boardwalk too..... Hope he follows your lead.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I still love how the BW looks in all black. It just screams....ride me. Good choice man.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Great looking bike!...my bro-in-law just bought a Boardwalk in Black too and got a fantastic deal off the dealer in Newcastle.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
That Boardwalk is a sharp bike and comfortable too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts