Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellas! I just joined the forum last night but I been reading imformation on here from you guys for a while. I FINALLY got what I been dreaming of for about a year. When they offered the rebates on the 12s I decided now is the time, especially since 2012 is the Kingpins last year and I didn't really like the Boardwalk as much, I went in and put an order in for the 12 King. It has to be shipped from an out of state dealer and then they also have to order the parts for add-ons I requested. I should have it soon and I'll post pics when it comes in.

I have a few questions for ya'll. I assume the break in period is 500 miles? What does the dealer do for the break in service and about how much is it?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sounds like you just made all the right moves. Good choices and a great bike. Make it the way you want it and ride safe.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hello fellas! I just joined the forum last night but I been reading imformation on here from you guys for a while. I FINALLY got what I been dreaming of for about a year. When they offered the rebates on the 12s I decided now is the time, especially since 2012 is the Kingpins last year and I didn't really like the Boardwalk as much, I went in and put an order in for the 12 King. It has to be shipped from an out of state dealer and then they also have to order the parts for add-ons I requested. I should have it soon and I'll post pics when it comes in.

I have a few questions for ya'll. I assume the break in period is 500 miles? What does the dealer do for the break in service and about how much is it?
Congrats on a great bike. I think they do an oil and filter change with Victory's oil and a 121 point inspection for about $250.00.

At least that's from memory from what I've read here on this great forum, someone else will chime in if I'm wrong.

Ride safe and enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on a great bike. I think they do an oil and filter change with Victory's oil and a 121 point inspection for about $250.00.

At least that's from memory from what I've read here on this great forum, someone else will chime in if I'm wrong.

Ride safe and enjoy the new ride.
$250 ? Ouch! I plan on doing my own oil changes after the initial inspection. I've read some folks buy the service manual and do all thier own stuff. Is this a good idea for the initial inspection? Will doing my own service void my 5 year warranty. I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I am inclined. I worked as an ASE certified auto technician up until 4 years ago. Right now I'm leaning toward letting them do the 500 mile inspection...perhaps they know the "look out for this bolt..."?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
$250 ? Ouch! I plan on doing my own oil changes after the initial inspection. I've read some folks buy the service manual and do all thier own stuff. Is this a good idea for the initial inspection? Will doing my own service void my 5 year warranty. I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I am inclined. I worked as an ASE certified auto technician up until 4 years ago. Right now I'm leaning toward letting them do the 500 mile inspection...perhaps they know the "look out for this bolt..."?
Most of them likely have Loctite on them and torquing them would break it anyway. Probably only a few critical nuts (like the axles) and oil to change anyway.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congrats on your new bike. When I took my new Jackpot in for the 500, they changed the oil and filter and a warranty primary gasket for $85.00

Thes bikes are built like tanks, and with all mechanisms in one compartment (1 oil) it is fairly simple for service and economical as well.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Grats on the new pin, and welcome aboard. I let the dealer do my first service. I love seeing the in new threads :D enjoy your new scoot

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grats on the new pin, and welcome aboard. I let the dealer do my first service. I love seeing the in new threads :D enjoy your new scoot

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Thank you! I go to pick up my new bike Monday after work. I've never seen it much less test drove or sat on it. So I have the full experience awaiting me Monday.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats on a great bike. I think if you just have the oil change you'll be OK (with the waranty). Really depends on the dealer.

·
Registered
586 Posts
My dealer, Erv's Sales and Service, included the 500 mile check! (No hidden upcharge, my '08 Kingpin Tour sold for 10K)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally picked it up

I picked up my new Kingpin last night at 5pm about a week and a half after I put the order in for it. I put 150 miles on it last night. They told me the first service will only run around $120 so that's no problem and I'll take it to them for that. Afterwards, I'll probably do my own oil changes. I asked about the "break in" procedure and they told me the break in procedure consists of riding like I stole it thumb up They told me it's made to ride, that I won't hurt that motor and they have 5 year warranty backing it up so...I rode it like I stole it. :D I didn't beat on it too much. Never got over 4,200 RPM but did give it full throttle between shifts. I'M STUNNED! HOLY CRAP IT'S FAST! It's bone stock right now as all my upgrades don't arrive until today. Way too quiet stock but I didn't concern myself with that when I rolled on that throttle and had to cling to the grips for dear life. It handled like a new cadalac too. Bumps that would lift me out of the seat on my Honda barely gave me a vibration. The suspension just absorbed it. It seems to glide on the road. Thank you Victory for making such an amazing bike!

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts