Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was out riding my 2014 CC last night and noticed that when I would slow down and release the brake the rear was dragging. Stopped the bike and the disc was getting pretty hot. I also notice that every time I start the bike the ABS light comes on and stays lite until I start to pick up speed. I am wondering if the light issue is normal. and if there is any brake issues I need to be concerned with. I am fully capable of doing the brake job myself just asking to see if anyone has had similar issues. Thanks for any input

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The ABS light comes on when you start the bike and then stays on until you first reach about 5 mph. At this point, the bike's computer brain turns the ABS system on which causes the light on the dash to turn off. When this ABS light is lit, the ABS system is NOT functioning. For reasons I don't understand, the ABS system is designed to not start working until the bike first reaches ~5 mph each time the bike is started.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I figured as much on the Light was just confirming my suspensions. still wondering about the rear brakes dragging. the bike doesn't even have 5000 miles on her yet.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Short test:

Start with the bike cold. Go ride for 5-10 minutes WITHOUT using the rear brake at all. Park and see if it's hot.

·
13,003 Posts
Tbarc

of coarse rotor will get hot when you use the brake. The friction from the pads will heat up the rotor to where it will burn your hand if you touch it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL I know it will get hot. I didn't use the rear brake coming home. I am positive it is dragging the front which I did use was warm to the touch but the rear was hot!! I am pretty sure I am going to pull it this weekend and anti seize the pins. I would bet the slide pins are just gummed up and not releasing all the way.

·
13,003 Posts
countersink the holes the pins slid thru both sides.
Lay some sand paper on the bench and run the pads over them a few times to make sure there flat.
On the end of the pads that have that little notch in it. Hit them with a file so there not so sharp when sliding.
Before you do anything with a flashlight look at the positions and see if there both out equal length. If there not then that's your problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts