Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my foot peg brackets repowdercoated and refitting them back on the bike... But I seem to have an issue with the Brake/Foot Peg Support Bracket in that the bolts that hold the Brake Master Cylinder and the return spring on don't seem to fit back into their original wholes.

The bolt threads seem to be stripping the bracket threads and the bracket threads seem to be reshaping the the bolt thread pitch...

I have run an angled pick around the bracket thread holes to ensure that there is no dirt or powder coating in the thread causing the obstruction.

Could the powder-coating process which I know require head caused an issue?

Not sure if my brackets could have been powdercoated with others. But if they were what is the chances that I might have a different bracket and that earlier brackets used a different bolt with a different thread pitch? (Just thinking outside the box for a possible ).

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Run taps into the holes to determine which thread they are. When you find the right tap, chase the threads and make sure the bolts are the correct thread. If not, but the right ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts