Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone considered a shorter brake lever?
I am looking for someone who sells them.

·
Registered
784 Posts
What makes you think it is too long? Can't reach it?
I would think the Vision controls would adjust much like the XBikes. Could be wrong on that though. Doesn't seem to be all that difficult a system, but handy and can't believe more don't take advantage of a similar set up.

A certain amount of mechanical advantage is needed to make the thing effective. Most probably don't even use the rear pedal on a Vision since the brakes are linked. Of course some have said it will dive a bit at slow speeds. Haven't spent enough time on one to learn the particulars, so hopefully the pilots will get home from their ride and post, but this should give you something to check on until then. LOL

Cheers.

·
13,003 Posts
A short lever will take twice the effort to pull.
Pulling the lever at the end take a hole lot less effort.
There is no way to adjust the clutch to make it easer with a hydraulic clutch

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
If im not being to forward here, pull the lever from where you think a shorter lever would be and see what you think, as VJ said, shorter would take more effort....:)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome roscoe. Have you tried just adjusting the brake to suit you? I have my brake set for minimum lever movement using the OEM adjustment. I find that makes it feel perfect for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol yes I can reach it I guess I'm looking at the feel as well how the controls set I'm grabbing the brake lever in the curve not on the end if it was a different shape like on my track bike I would have actually more mechanical advantage than where I am now . I do see that I cannot adjust the controls inward. It's a feel thing again. Maybe "Shorter" was an incorrect description.

·
13,003 Posts
cut it off. If you want a stock one backe there only a $125

1 - 7 of 7 Posts