Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Vegas 8-ball. wiring harness clips failed and harness got into the rear tire. I have repaired the wiring. In checking the harness before reinstalling the fender, I seem to have lost the brake light. A continuity check shows open. Before I spend money on a replacement, I am wanting to make sure I have the correct voltage to the brake light with and without the brake engaged.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow I've answered this three times I swear...stupid android app obviously not posting. Hope you've gotten it fixed but if not here are some things to try.

First off seperarte your light from the harness and check to see if the open is right at the light without shooting throught the harness. You should see some resistance but not an open. If you see an open then simply replace the light. If not then you need to have a go at your harness. It's pretty simple to check the wires and I"m pretty sure you don't have a TDR so if you do have an open somewhere in your harness you are going to have to just find and repair it. Also make sure that your ground is connected as well. The cables could all check good but if you don't have it grouned then you wouldn't get a light. I would do those three in that order and see what you come up with. Good luck bud.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions. I did find the problem. I decided to cut heat jacket around the leads from the brake light to the connector. The jacket showed no damage. I did find what appeared to be a fusible link that had failed. In fact there looks to be a fusible link on each lead. Not sure why it failed. soldered back together and reinstalled. All is good. Now on the the next problem with a different post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts