Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 V92 C, Brake light doesn't work with rear brake, only front. I suspect pressure switch. Where is this switch located? I saw the drawings on the parts Fiche. Is this a special switch? could an oil sending unit switch be used?

Thanks

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
99 V92 C, Brake light doesn't work with rear brake, only front. I suspect pressure switch. Where is this switch located? I saw the drawings on the parts Fiche. Is this a special switch? could an oil sending unit switch be used?

Thanks

Mark
Most brake pressure switches only cost about $10 ....not sure if yours is any different. Follow brake line from caliper forward and your bound to run into it. Only has a two wire plug attached to it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Here is the picture showing where the switch is located

The switch is item #22 which originally had part number 4110238 which was later replaced by part number 4010372.

Motorcycle Monster lists it for $15.70

Not sure if the oil sending unit would work but unless you have a spare sending unit why? If you do have a spare you could try it to see what happens but that could lead to other problems.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Check to make sure the plug hasn't come loose. If its tight clean it and plug it back in. Many times that's all there is or a blown bulb or fuse.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for everyone's help

I found the switch and cleaned the contacts on connectors, still no brake light. I jumped across the 2 wires and the brake light worked. Bad switch........my question, how much fluid will be lost when changing the switch and will I need to bleed the brakes after switch replacement?

99 V92C

Thanks for everyone's help.............

Mark

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brake light switch

Mark, I'm just hitting this same issue and was wondering if the switch and bleed was all it took.
I have yet to replace it, I did buy the switch, right around $20.00. I did verify the switch was bad by jumping across the 2 terminals that plug into the switch, with the ignition on, the brake light came on. I figure this is a small winter project. The switch is located on caliper side , right under the frame.Follow the brake line from the caliper forward. Don't forget the DOT 4 brake fluid.

Good luck

Mark

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you apply gentle pressure on the pedal as you change the switch, no air will enter the system. You may spill a fraction, have a catch-can under and top up reservoir.

·
Registered
545 Posts
If you apply gentle pressure on the pedal as you change the switch, no air will enter the system. You may spill a fraction, have a catch-can under and top up reservoir.
Plus one... however if the switch has been leaking during use the brake caliper on the front right will probably need to be bled.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Brake light switch

Hey V92PS200,

I have yet to change my switch, living in OH, priority is a wee bit low. I actually purchased a power bleeder and plan on using that. I will bleed the front as well, to basically change the brake fluid.I will keep you posted.

Mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts