Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I just added new handle bars and it looks like my brake line may actually have enough slack to fit. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to remove it and snake it in from the far end since the metal fitting on the end that connects to the housing won't fit through the inside of the handlebars.

So, I've attached a pic of the fitting on the other end and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how these fittings work? What kind of fittings are they? Do they come apart in the middle? How do I disconnect them without ruining them? I tried unscrewing them but that didn't seem to work. Any pointers would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
13,002 Posts
Not being there am betting there crimp fittings and will not come a part no matter what you try. You will destroy them and they will not go back together.

What you might have to do is cut all zip ties un hook break lines and reroute them.
It still might not be enough remember you have to turn the bars left and right

·
Registered
611 Posts
As VJ said, those are crimp fittings. The end on the left is a swivel I believe, and the end on the right is where it's crimped on to the mating tube. Take them apart and you'll be replacing them. Sorry for the bad news.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts