Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get their brake line rerouted based on that recall ? When i called the dealer recently, he told me that he had to order a kit? Is there a kit ? i think he was full of ****.. i thought it was just a re routing of the line .
Jim

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I got it done a month ago. They told me there were parts reserved for me to complete the recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes

My dealer said the same thing must order a kit. He also want me to make an appointment to get it done. I’m over 200 KMS from the dealer and is a pain in the ass. He said no rush up in Canada it not been any issues, being we don’t have the hot temperatures like down south. I have over 30,000 km on my bike and never had any issues I’m sure it will go a bit more.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Haven't got mine done yet either and really not to worried about it. The only dealer close to me now is my selling dealer who screwed up the first oil change at the 500 mile service. If the guy can't change oil I don't trust him to work on my brakes!

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Haven't got mine done yet either and really not to worried about it. The only dealer close to me now is my selling dealer who screwed up the first oil change at the 500 mile service. If the guy can't change oil I don't trust him to work on my brakes!
I don't blame you one bit!!

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea thats my issue. The local dealer is an idiot. Almost the same thing happened to me. They changed my oil, and when i went to pick it up, there was a puddle of oil on the ground... they didnt tighten the filter at all. So they come out and said well bring it back in.. umm yea... so this KID comes out , jumps on the bike, reaches for the key to start it. I grabbed his hand and said.. you really want to start that bike with NO oil in it.... oh your right he said.... so... i do everything i can myself after that.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Both a kit and an appointment were needed. Requires R&Ring the left passenger peg support. Could have done it myself, but need to have it on record when I sell it, or it shows as an open recall. I was able to watch the process and kibbitz with the wrench. All went well.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
IMG_20180529_172427.jpg

Is this the recall fix??
Bracket looks newer than the stuff around it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I stopped by my local dealer randys cycle. While I was there i asked what's the procedure for rear brake line as I was going to do this myself because I didn't want to leave the bike there or wait for awhile. Anyway service writer said by the time I explain it it'll be done. He looked for a large rubber washer that is needed for this recall. He had one available and did the reroute of the brake line at the passenger peg ( left ) bracket. Pulled bracket off. Moved line and put a rubber donut washer to prevent rubbing/wear. They were done by the time I came back from the parts counter buying rear brake pads!

Great dealer to work with.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I had my bike at the dealer about 1 month for other work. When I picked the bike up, I was told that the brake line recall was taken care of while they had the bike.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Right so finally figured out I need to get the recall done. Simple enough just moving brake line from rear of peg to front. No signs of melting I'll get it done later this year.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
yea thats my issue. The local dealer is an idiot. Almost the same thing happened to me. They changed my oil, and when i went to pick it up, there was a puddle of oil on the ground... they didnt tighten the filter at all. So they come out and said well bring it back in.. umm yea... so this KID comes out , jumps on the bike, reaches for the key to start it. I grabbed his hand and said.. you really want to start that bike with NO oil in it.... oh your right he said.... so... i do everything i can myself after that.
You didn't go to the one just southwest of you down I81 did you? I just went to the Victory website (can't believe it is still up) and it shows the dealer down at the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg exit in Kodak is still participating. It is an extra 30 miles over the other one so I may give them a call.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I just can't understand why the other past Vic dealers didn't stay on to do recall/warranty work. I can see maybe the one I used to go to for parts, oil, etc that sold mainly ATV's and tractors but the new fancy Indian dealership just down the road from me will not do warranty work either on Vics and they sold them up to the end. Did these dealers have to pay a fee to be able to have the right to work on Vics or something?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I got mine done about six weeks ago. Dealer is about 350 kms away, however I just used it as a good excuse to go for a ride! :grin

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I got mine done about six weeks ago. Dealer is about 350 kms away, however I just used it as a good excuse to go for a ride! :grin
I don't mind a good long ride either but when you work 50+ hours a week it is hard to find the time to take a whole day off to get this done. Right now weekends and a rare evening or two are my only times to ride.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
The left passenger peg needs to be removed and the brake line moved above it. The problem with a DIY is when you go to sell or trade your bike, records will show an outstanding (not done) safety recall and DMVs will not process.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts