Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a set of 2 inch forward control extensions on my bike and am somewhat concerned with how stretched my brake line is. For those that have installed the extensions, does this look normal? Notice the sharp bend....Pic attached

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
No, thats not normal...

All I know is that I removed a set of forward controls off my bike that I bought used, and the dealership had to do it, as the brake line had to be cut down - it had been lengthened for the forward controls...

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Loosen the three screws on the lower frame holding the brake line. slide line forward a little to reduce this. then re-tighten the three screws.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
8 ball please tell how this works out for you. I'm thinking of getting 2" extensions also. Thx

I loosened the brackets as suggested but this is as good as it got. To be fair there is a little more slack but I am still concerned; I wonder if I should get a brake line extension. Hopefully we can get feedback from others that have done this. I will say it made a huge difference in my riding position, I'm so much more comfortable now. For reference 6'3 w/ 32 inseam.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
2 inch extension

ELI..... Hey bro if u or anyone else is thinking about ordering the two inch extension kit.... I have one for sale that I'll give u at a good price. I bought mine from victoryonly.com but decided not to put it on since I want to add the high way bars. It's opened so I cant return it. It's for a 2007 8ball.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I did the 2" on my JP, same deal. Loosen the clamps on the frame and make slack. I've been running mine like that since the beginning of last summer and not had the first problem. No need in spending money on something you don't need.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mac.... What do they look like? I was looking at buying chrome ones. I've looked on victoryonly web site before and why are there different prices on 2" chrome extension? One is for $199.99 other for $95.95. Both say chrome, what's the difference? Thx

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
28 Posts
Eli.... Mine is the black set. I think it was $99.99. I'd let it go for $50 plus u pay for the shipping. I think the 4 inch extension was where the extra $100 came into play for them.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mine was tight as well after even after moving the brake line up as far as possible. So tight in fact, that after some riding, the brake line said "bye bye". In all fairness, it's a 7 year old brake line so I'm good with replacing it anyway.

Anyone have any ideas on where to get a rear brake line (not an extension) for a '06 Vegas? Should be easy to find, but so far, my internet searching isn't getting me a whole lot of results.

·
Registered
160 Posts
2 inch ext You do not have to extend the lines 3 or 5 inch yes you do I got two inch and they are not near forward enough and way to low since ive also lowered my bike,,,,I NEED THE REAL $1000 controls sad to say SUCKS WISH I COULD FIND CHEAPER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
2 inch ext You do not have to extend the lines 3 or 5 inch yes you do I got two inch and they are not near forward enough and way to low since ive also lowered my bike,,,,I NEED THE REAL $1000 controls sad to say SUCKS WISH I COULD FIND CHEAPER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is very easy to make your own brackets, I made 2 inch forward 1 inch up brackets for $11 and look sweet. I can't post pics as I'm on my phone but I will when I get a chance, I do have pics posted up already if you do as search...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts