Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hand new tires put on and new rear pads an had front pads checked. now when applying front brakes there is a noise that sounds like cicada bugs till i let off. what the fuk

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
might wal-mart have the grease. i might take it back to shop and make them fix it. because it didnt do it before the service.

·
13,003 Posts
more then likely all the pads need is some scuffing with sandpaper.
If your going to do the work lay a peace of coarse sandpaper on a flat surface. Now take pads and run across the sandpaper a few times. You only need 3 or 4 swipes.

NO walmart doesn't care that grease

·
Registered
701 Posts
My EBC pads make the same sound. I ignore it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
My Lyndalls make the same noise.

·
Premium Member
8,800 Posts
My Lyndalls make the same noise.
my Lyndalls either don't make any noise,..that or I cant hear em above my RPW exhaust:grin
Yeah take it back to them.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
No such noise from the oem pads or from the Lyndall Gold pads.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
This has been discussed before and it is the pads. I also put on some EBC pads a year or so ago and mine do the same thing. The consensus from this forum and some buddies who ride HD's and have the same problem is the noise is caused by air escaping between the pad and disc. I bought a set of OEM pads to go back on but going to live with the EBC's for another season.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I have the same problem. It started when I installed a set of cheapo D2Moto brake pads. I since put EBC in and it still does it. I'm used to it. It gets louder as the brakes heat up. @psychodiablo is spot on; it sounds just like those loud cicadas.

·
Premium Member
13,175 Posts
Sounds like we are talking about that whooshing sound cheap brake pads make. I put some on my KP to save money like everyone else and noticed the sound is a lot quieter now than when I put them on. I just learned to ignore it I guess. I think we notice it much more from the front brakes of course.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
I have the same problem. It started when I installed a set of cheapo D2Moto brake pads. I since put EBC in and it still does it. I'm used to it. It gets louder as the brakes heat up. @psychodiablo is spot on; it sounds just like those loud cicadas.
Next time use Llyndalls , no sound, last longer then EBC, brake force is the same ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,800 Posts
Next time use Llyndalls , no sound, last longer then EBC, brake force is the same ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Yeah Lyndalls are best in my book.
Gold on front, Z-plus on back.
My XCs coming up for them soonish
and last! do they last?
over 50K miles and only half worn on Vegas before I upped the front to Gold
I engine brake a fair bit but and ride smooth.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Yeah Lyndalls are best in my book.

Gold on front, Z-plus on back.

My XCs coming up for them soonish

and last! do they last?

over 50K miles and only half worn on Vegas before I upped the front to Gold

I engine brake a fair bit but and ride smooth.
True that ....
EBC were gone with the wind, i do not remember but maybe it was only 16.000 km on a jackpot single disk and they were finished.

Lyndalls last lonnnggg time

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
701 Posts
When I pulled the "stockers" out to install the EBC there was still ton's of pad material on both front and back. Obviously I'm not hard on brakes. I kept them and will put them back in when the EBC's wear down some.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I use sintered pads from Sixty, They last and no noise.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts