Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like Lyndalls, but way too expensive. Don't want to take chance with cheap brakes on eBay. Going with EBC. They only make Sintered HH for front. For rear they make Sintered HH and Semi-sintered V (2011 Kingpin). EBC says semi good for back so brakes don't lock up. I was thinking HH. Anybody with experience with these?

·
Registered
851 Posts
I got the EBC HH brakes. Performance wise they are 100x's better than stock. However, they do make a noise when you apply the brakes. It kinda sounds like crickets. Supposedly it's caused because their design captures air in little pockets between the rotor and the pad. I live in a rural area and didn't really notice it until it was pointed out to me. I guess I thought it was crickets :rolleyes:

Me personally I feel the performance is well worth the sound. Depending on how long these last I MAY look at Lyndall next time but will most likely go with EBC.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My question isn't really pertaining to the performance of the HH pads. I'm wondering if the HH pads for the rear grip so well that the rear end will lock up and that's wht EBC recommended V pads for the rear...

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Hi Phoenix,

On another tread the ordering numbers are stated by another member ""EBC Calls for FA196HH""

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=82425&page=4

But YES the rear break is NOT mentioned.... Are all models the same brake pads?? if so that should mean the front and rear brakes numbers by EBC could be ordered by other members before??

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The front and rears do not use the same number. All the bikes do not use the same pads. If for no other reason than earlier bikes used Brembos and now Vic uses Nissan. If anyone (like BP6666VR) wonders about fitment, just go to the Lyndall or EBC web page and look up the pad for your specific bike.

Now, back on topic......
Are Sintered HH pads too aggressive for the rear wheel, causing it to easily lock up under braking? Would the Semi-Sintered V pads be better for rear application only, since they don't have as high of a friction coefficient and are less likely to lock up.... but also offer less braking capability than Sintered HH pads?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts