Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any recommendations on front brake pads for my 03 cruiser? Also I noticed that the rear brake line was cut. Does that mean that there's air in the line? Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I replaced the pads on my Vision with EBC pads and no more squeaking. About $50 for both sets.
If your brake line has a cut I would replace and then bleed the system. Don't take chances with your brakes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Actually all I need to replace are the front pads. I guess whoever had it before me just said screw it and only used the front brakes, the back pads look brand new. I think I'll bleed the brakes just to be safe.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Use The Right Fluid!

Be sure to use the correct brake fluid when bleeding or topping off your system. Victory recommends DOT 4 fluid. DOT 4 fluid is glycol based and what would typically be used. DO NOT get DOT 4 fluid on your paint or any plastic parts as you will not like the results!

DOT 5 is silicon based and, while much more heat resistant, has issues with moisture and aeration. If any moisture gets into the system, it will not mix with silicon brake fluid and can flash into steam under extreme conditions.

When using DOT 5 fluid, let it sit, in a closed container, undisturbed for at least an hour before adding it to the system. Otherwise, you will be introducing air bubbles into the system that will have to be bled out later.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips. I've never heard of DOT 5 fluid, let alone seen it. I used DOT 4 and the brakes seem to be good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts