Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was shopping rear pads for my XC on ebay-so many choices. What would be a good pad? There's organic,kevlar carbon,semi metallic,semi sintered and sintered. Want something with good stopping power but not wanting to warp the rotor.

·
Registered
35 Posts
well just a thought , i too own a x.c. , an if you suffer the same lock up of your tires when brakeing hard . i would choose something close to oem as possible . (i've owned a few bikes , an the x.c. locks up very easy ) i'm not at the point that i need to replace my pads yet but i'll to do some research too.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I thought the X bikes came with ABS brakes. If your has ABS and is locking up thee may be a problem with the ABS system.

·
13,177 Posts
I did ENC same as a Goodwin pad and bought them from Dennis Kirk. Front FA 261 HHS Rear FA HHS
Pads work great. Ten times better then stock.
If your locking up your break must be rear wheel. Locking up rear wheel will put you in a slid and you will crash.
Front breaks stop rear breaks slow you down

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I thought the X bikes came with ABS brakes. If your has ABS and is locking up thee may be a problem with the ABS system.
abs started in 2012.

·
13,177 Posts
I did EBC same as a Goodwin pad and bought them from Dennis Kirk. Front FA 261 HHS Rear FA HHS
Pads work great. Ten times better then stock.
If your locking up your break must be rear wheel. Locking up rear wheel will put you in a slid and you will crash.
Front breaks stop rear breaks slow you down

1 - 6 of 6 Posts