Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear brake rotor has a little play in it. Hard to describe but its front to back (froward and reverse) of bike. I know these are floating rotors just wondering if its normal for them to move about 1/4" front to back (not side to side). Front rotors do not move like this. Thanks for the info.

·
13,177 Posts
are you sure 1/4" never seen one that bad.
You have your front rotor to compare the movement to.
The rear should have the same amount of movement as the front
Should move maybe 1 or 2mm no more

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mine wiggles quite a bit and rattles when I hit bumps....
New one needed???
Any way to tighten up the buttons???

·
Registered
611 Posts
floating rotors should move side to side ONLY. If the rotor moves forward or back relative to the carrier or if the buttons spin the rotor is shot and needs to be replaced.

That said, how are you checking the front/back 1/4" of movement? Are you putting hands on the rotor and rocking the disk back and forth or stepping on the pedal and pushing the bike. If the latter I would check that the caliper is securely mounted and if so i would check that your pads aren't wobbling around in the caliper as those are more likely to cause the bike to have some wiggle room than a worn rotor.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ordered a rotor...:(

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for late response been busy, I just put my hand on it and can move it front to back of the bike not side to side. The front don't really move at all... I guess I better just order a new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts