Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 8k on my 07 vegas 8 ball and i need new pads. does that seem like a short life? i do ride pretty hard. also does anyone know where i can find any aftermarket rotors?

·
Registered
8 Posts
i heard victory pads are very soft so the life is very short depending on how u ride. i put after market pads that are harder and they are lasting longer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an 08 with 20 k have not replaced the brakes yet. I was told in 08 they upgraded the brakes. between 5 & 7k is what I've been hearing for previous years

·
Registered
3 Posts
Brake pads

My ride that I have had since it was brand spanking new is a 03 Vegas with 47k on the clock. I went through 2 sets of rear pads in around 7k. I asked the dealer was this normal, he suggested I may be ride riding with my foot on the brake. huh? Are you kidding me?
I then talked to a independent motorcycle shop (now out of business due to poor economy) and asked what they thought. He said that the pads the dealer put on were organic and ware out FAST, He then suggested I use Sintered Metallic pads. He said that the Sintered Metallic pads can be used on stainless steel rotors (like what Victory uses) and the organic were best for cast rotors.
So that what I did. They lasted for over 30k!
I finally had to replace them so I went back to the dealer (cause the independent motorcycle shop had to close their doors) and I picked up a set of pads from them.
Yesterday while changing the rear tire I looked at the pads & to my surprise they were more that half gone in 2k. What the hay! I went back I checked the ticket on the pads sold by the dealer & found they had again sold me organic pads.
So I am now looking for a set of EBC FA209/2HH Sintered Metallic pads. Also there are some folks that say Sintered Metallic pads are bad for your rotors. I have not noticed any change in mine.
Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
56 Posts
My ride that I have had since it was brand spanking new is a 03 Vegas with 47k on the clock. I went through 2 sets of rear pads in around 7k. I asked the dealer was this normal, he suggested I may be ride riding with my foot on the brake. huh? Are you kidding me?
I then talked to a independent motorcycle shop (now out of business due to poor economy) and asked what they thought. He said that the pads the dealer put on were organic and ware out FAST, He then suggested I use Sintered Metallic pads. He said that the Sintered Metallic pads can be used on stainless steel rotors (like what Victory uses) and the organic were best for cast rotors.
So that what I did. They lasted for over 30k!
I finally had to replace them so I went back to the dealer (cause the independent motorcycle shop had to close their doors) and I picked up a set of pads from them.
Yesterday while changing the rear tire I looked at the pads & to my surprise they were more that half gone in 2k. What the hay! I went back I checked the ticket on the pads sold by the dealer & found they had again sold me organic pads.
So I am now looking for a set of EBC FA209/2HH Sintered Metallic pads. Also there are some folks that say Sintered Metallic pads are bad for your rotors. I have not noticed any change in mine.
Just my 2 cents!
When you find the pads you are refferring to post the info, I'm needing to replace mine and might decide to go that way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Lyndall brake pads

I changed my DOT4 fluid for the DOT5 and put in Lyndall Gold brake pads on my 08 Vegas. They are great! I have no squeal and no dust at all. Just as they claim the pads have much better stopping power. Also they claim you can get 18,000 miles with them with no rotor wear. The difference is night and day. I'm very happy with them.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts