Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
New to your forum and am very ready to buy a Judge or Gunner. Only issue I have is the braking. Ive read a lot of professional reviews stating the braking is merely adequate and needs a firm pull up front... and rears are easy to lock up....and since this is a relatively heavy/large bike I wanted to see if there are any simple upgrades out there. Im due to test a Gunner out this weekend. Appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Welcome from the Pacific Northwet. I agree, Vic's pads ain't nothing to write home about. My solution is to use EBC HH in the fronts and cheap GG rated pads in the rear to help avoid lock up and better control when trail braking.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You're going to enjoy the hell out of your test ride. The Gunner is a fun bike!!!! I miss mine. I can definitely confirm that the back tire is easy to lock up, but I never had any issues with braking.

Cheers!!!

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that Ricz. Is there a significant improvement up front with the EBC HH? I thought there might be a dual disc conversion out there.

·
13,235 Posts
All non abc bikes are easy to lock up rear wheel. Single disc brakes up front don't stop any wear near dual disc brakes.
Aftermarket pads like ceramic sintered or kevlar will stop you 100% better then stock or oem pads.
ALWays use front brake first rear brake second

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
When I replaced the OEM front pads with EBC HH the improvement was dramatic. In other words, very noticeably better. Not having ABS, I want a "gentler" pad in the rear, so I go with cheap GG rated ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Michael T.:

Thanks Mike!

visionjohnney:

Great info. Ty.

RICZ:

That makes me feel much better about getting this bike...Ty.

Getting back into riding. Last bike was a Vulcan Custom (903 cc) I know the Freedom 106 has gobs more power and want good stopping power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts