Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a 07 Victory Hammer owner and wanted to shout out on these rear brakes pads I got on Amazon..! These rear pads are awesome and Cheap ! Volar Sintered HH pads for $14.99 per set..! I know it sounds crazy cheap but these pads are amazing..! This is the front pads in picture but gives you an idea. The store is D2Moto on Amazon and these pads are the **** for under $15..!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I smell spam.

Reactions: vindex1963 and TNXR

·
Premium Member
6,336 Posts
I ordered brake pads from Aliexpress for another victory (not mine ) and they were ok too, but sorry I just stick with Llyndals , I did not like the EBC at all

Just imagine if the pad materials come loose from the metal backing plate, your a pancake on the wall ...

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BBob

·
Premium Member
6,336 Posts
EBC HH pads are excellent pads, not crap and I don't have a brake dust problem either.
Hi Vindex, sorry let me explain better, this is just my personal experience from stock pads to EBC to Llyndals

EBC and Llyndals have approximately the same braking force / power

EBC only lasts half the kilometers of Llyndals

EBC is noisy in the last 2 meter before the final stop, hot air escaping from the rotor holes is like poping that bubble wrap, people at the traffic light actually look strange coz of that sound when approaching, guess in the USA you don't have that problem coz not 50 people sitting at the red light on small motorcycles, hi hi

So for me personally I think Llyndals are more "bang for the buck" but brake power is the same ...

Also replacing brake pads every 16.000 kilometers can only result in more problems due to the bad quality brake pin in the caliper of victory

I cannot remember the brake dust from EBC but the stock pads cover the rim in brake dust..

It's like tires, some people do 20.000 miles on a tire, I do average 8.000 to 16.000 kilometer on a rear tire .... Strangely enough @Motorbikerx gets the same kilometers of a rear tire .... On my CCT i got more kilometers before I had to change but it does not ride like a dirt-bike like the steel frames do ....

·
Premium Member
5,112 Posts
Hi Vindex, sorry let me explain better, this is just my personal experience from stock pads to EBC to Llyndals

EBC and Llyndals have approximately the same braking force / power

EBC only lasts half the kilometers of Llyndals

EBC is noisy in the last 2 meter before the final stop, hot air escaping from the rotor holes is like poping that bubble wrap, people at the traffic light actually look strange coz of that sound when approaching, guess in the USA you don't have that problem coz not 50 people sitting at the red light on small motorcycles, hi hi

So for me personally I think Llyndals are more "bang for the buck" but brake power is the same ...

Also replacing brake pads every 16.000 kilometers can only result in more problems due to the bad quality brake pin in the caliper of victory

I cannot remember the brake dust from EBC but the stock pads cover the rim in brake dust..

It's like tires, some people do 20.000 miles on a tire, I do average 8.000 to 16.000 kilometer on a rear tire .... Strangely enough @Motorbikerx gets the same kilometers of a rear tire .... On my CCT i got more kilometers before I had to change but it does not ride like a dirt-bike like the steel frames do ....

I am tempted to try them, I don't get noise though.
Not spam these are them and they are amazing. I don't care one way or the other if you believe me.
Never said I didn't believe you, I said:

"EBC HH pads are excellent pads, not crap and I don't have a brake dust problem either."

Reactions: BP6666VR

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Dang KurtisV, never seen someone as amped up about a set of brake pads as you are! Glad you like you them though.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I put the EBC HH pads on my XR a couple of years ago. I am neither impressed or un-impressed by them. They made a ton of "cicada" noise when new and I don't think they stop any better or worse than the Victory OEM pads.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,955 Posts
Noise is reason enough to go with higher quality pads. I'm not in the market yet but all I've read on here about noise I'll spend more for quiet.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I've found that softer pads wear out faster, but stop you better and do less damage to the rotor.

Reactions: BBob

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I use EBC HH pads up front, and Lyndall gold in the rear. Works well for me, and I don't have any plans to change any time soon :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have rode with these pads for a week now and still say for 14.99 on Amazon they are worth a try for you. I still love them and have seen very little dust.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts