Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out yesterday had to stop quick rear brake locked up my vtx was hard to slide tire just checking they always touchy when on brakes hard had frt brakes on good to so that helped there was a sudden stop in frt of me !

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Umm VTX? This is the Victory Forum. Lol. Also I had NO IDEA WHAT YOU SAID. I had to translate and I think I got your meaning though. :ltr:But I know what you mean. I also have a VTX and there have been a couple of times I had to get on them hard ( like when a big black bear stood up in the middle of the road on a curve on the Blueridge parkway). They lock up and be prepared to slide .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep that's what I was talking about to early sorry and I really like my victory its a 2011 no anti lock brake though I can say vtx would stop better though haha!

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
I would bet that the XC is a bit heavier than a VTX.

[EDIT] Per Vic's website, the XC is 760 dry whereas the VTX 1800 is 758 ready-to-ride. The 1300 is 641 lbs.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I was out yesterday had to stop quick rear brake locked up my vtx was hard to slide tire just checking they always touchy when on brakes hard had frt brakes on good to so that helped there was a sudden stop in frt of me !
Yes I also have the 11 and the rear will lock up very easily even riding double.. I came from a Vtx as well and could not make the rear slide.. I always use the front break so maybe it unloads some weight off the rear..? The cross country definitely needs anti lock breaks..!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes I was riding double and was on both brakes good small slide but stopped fairly quick just don't care for it locking up guess follow a little farther back from now on !Other than that bikes great!

·
13,177 Posts
pet peeve of mine.
There should be a sticker on bikes saying front brake first.
We have car mentality so when we panic we put our foot on brake first.
You have to tell yourself every time you get on the bike front brake first or crash.
Front brake stops you rear brake alone will crash you.
Ride like sport bike racers keep your first two fingers on brake lever. It will add 20 seconds to your life. Cause you can start stopping sooner.
You still have three fingers on the grip and you can twist throttle good

Front Brake First

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i'll try that I know I was on both and it did slow good just surprised me and my wife as she let out a little screech! haha women.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
i too came from a 1300. if they had made it a little roomier for both of us and bags like the xr, we would still have it. still miss it the xr
is much comfier though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts