Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm brand new around here, that being said during my lurking I've observed some members with hostility towards Harley riders, and since getting my Vic I've experienced first hand how piss poor some guys' attitude can be towards anything that isn't a Harley. I've never bought anything to please anyone else, when I make a big-ticket purchase I always just buy whatever "does it" for me for lack of a better term. This time around the horrendous Harley dealer here and lack of anything that really jumped out and said buy me from Harley drove me elsewhere. The improvements victory has made since I last rode one in 07 or so really seemed to make the bike come alive. That being said can't we all just enjoy the ride. Every time you throw a leg over your bike you're experiencing something that most people don't experience or refuse to experience for their own reasons, and that's fine. I don't feel the need to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, but I don't tell people that do that they're idiots or that my choice in recreation and how I choose to risk my life is superior to theirs. To anyone who reads this just remember we're all the same, we've all got one shot on this rock to have a good time. Enjoy the ride and keep the shiny side up guys. :soapbox: Stepping off my soapbox now. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
We've owned more than 50 bikes of all makes and models. In recent history, our collection included bikes from Honda, Yamaha, Harley, and Moto Guzzi.

Some folks (both sides of the fence) are just shallow.
Mine is bigger than yours.

Although, I do have to say that I catch more crap from metric riders when I'm riding one of my Harleys, than the other way around.

The easiest thing to do is just to ignore them.

BUT - be aware than many folks are just trying to be friendly and maybe start a conversation..... and maybe they just suck at it.

Sometimes a guy will throw you a bone, to see if you throw it back.

Oh yeah, I'm normally guilty of that..... pulling up next to a Honda, while riding MY Honda, and saying something like "HEY - I hear them Honda's SUCK."

It's a character flaw. I know it. I'm working on it.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Like you, I ride what I want and like. I expect others to do the same.

That said, as a career aviator, I can say with absolute confidence that there is no so thing as a perfectly good airplane. Those who train to jump out are a step ahead of the rest...:ltr:

·
Registered
264 Posts
If someone doesn't like my bike, car, shirt, hat, etc., it's their problem not mine and I refuse to let them make it my problem.

·
Administrator
5,971 Posts
There are bozos in every group. It just so happens that the HD group is larger than any other, and therefore contains more bozos.

Don't think there aren't any Victory riding fellas who try to put you down for your choice in brand of oil, tires, fuel controller, helmet, etc. You just have to be able to recognize bozos and not waste your time or energy with them. ;)

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Stanley Kubrick got it right with the opening scene in "2001 A Sace Odyssey."

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I like everyone. Don't care what you ride
Hey Dave, I heard from the grapevine that Victorys are made by Republicans. :ltr:

·
Registered
12,296 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Stanley Kubrick got it right with the opening scene in "2001 A Sace Odyssey."
It's a part of human nature for people to brag about what they like or what they have, many people do it... but I think in this motorcycle 'community' we all do get along, it's only private gathering places of the like-minded where such bravado comes out too thick sometimes... in our hearts most of us are a community of motorcycle riders, and we usually think and act that way.

:cool:

·
Registered
12,296 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Ah it sucks when you have to explain your humor. Oh well I like 33 people, tolerate 24 more and that's about it.

BTW there is no way Republicans make Victories. First they would be made in China, 2nd they would have sold all the assets and taken the company into bankruptcy while telling you the whole time it creates more jobs:ltr::ltr: good one Ricz

BTW Ricz started it. Also anyone else concerned that RICZ speaks with grapevines???

·
Registered
110 Posts
Could we not have a Fu##ing political discussion here?

PLEASE ?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
No worries. I am out. Really don't like either of those guys:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts