Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BrakeAway system for 09-14

I have a 2011 Vegas 8Ball and want to use the BrakeAway cruise lock. I called them directly and they said that they do not have one for these year models yet. Just curious if anyone has tried to make the older model work on a newer bike.:confused:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VJ I've looked at that one before. I really am just stuck on the BrakeAway system. It's a lot more user friendly and I love how tapping the front brake disengages it.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
I have a 2011 Vegas 8Ball and want to use the BrakeAway cruise lock. I called them directly and they said that they do not have one for these year models yet. Just curious if anyone has tried to make the older model work on a newer bike.:confused:
I have it on my 2012 Vegas it is exact same thing as yours and it works great. Who in the hell did you talk to on the phone?

Part number 7CP01

http://www.brakeawayproducts.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=60

http://www.brakeawayproducts.com/pdf/7cp01.pdf

http://www.brakeawayproducts.com/appguide-7CP01.php?make_id=7&model_id=53

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to one of the salesman up there over the phone at BrakeAway. Told me that they are working on a new version to fit but didn't make sense to me. Shouldn't be that much difference between te different year models.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I have a BrakeAway on my 2010 XR. I thought all the grips and perches are similar. No?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I thought too. Jut didn't wanna spend $190 for something that didn't work.
I'm just goin to order it and see how it goes. Are y'all happy with yours preformance?

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I all is very happy with my BrakeAway. My previous bike had an electronic cruise control and I used it very little, only when I briefly needed my right hand for something and going through Kansas.:) I don't miss it at all and I find the BrakeAway to be the best throttle lock type of cruise control there am.

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I have a BrakeAway on my 2010 XR. I thought all the grips and perches are similar. No?
The grips, end weights, brake lever perch, and right hand switch housing are the same on Lacy's '08 Vegas as they are on my '11 XR. The left isn't quite, since I have the trigger in the switch box for the MFD on the speedo.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
the brakeaway is the cadillac of throttle locks and worth
every penny. had one for all 9 years on the vtx. put a couple
on for friends after their cheap ones failed.the disengage
feature is great. you get what you pay for.--thumb up

·
Registered
246 Posts
Had one on my 2012 Hammer for a road trip, worked AWESOME. very nicely made piece. May be looking to sell it now. I don't plan on doing any more long rides on the Hammer where I would need it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got it put on my bike today after I painted the BrakeAway black to match my 8ball. Had to kinda adjust a few things to make it work but works and looks great.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Got it put on my bike today after I painted the BrakeAway black to match my 8ball. Had to kinda adjust a few things to make it work but works and looks great.
Had to tweak mine a little, just love how you touch the brake and it drops out. Or just push the button to set. My cable lock on my Harley sucks. Sometimes it hard to disengage or to get set . Wants to take off higher than what I set it at. Really impressed with the looks and engineering that went into this piece.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Does this breakaway cruise in any way effect the Lloyd's 1/4 turn throttle?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does this breakaway cruise in any way effect the Lloyd's 1/4 turn throttle?
No it doesn't. It slides over your grip. Locks the throttle basically with the push of a button and friction

1 - 16 of 16 Posts