Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey y'all, well both my garages were broke into this last weekend. faggot stole 12k worth of stuff. mostly equipment and parts for a plymouth duster doorslammer and a pro dragster, also got me for a bunch of go fast parts for my diesel. my highball was sitting right there the whole time and they didnt even touch it. dont know what that means. thankfully my family was not home at the time. my point is that few people know how jaded one can become towards their fellow man in a profession such as mine. and your suppose to come back to the rest of the world and get back to the normal good feeling life. well events such as these push one to believe that every man they meet is a bottom dwelling, non-working, stealing, lieing, piece of **** crapped out of their mothers anus. but..... to all the honest, hard working, good people out there,, keep doing what your doing! the world will keep degrading around us, and our small perimeter will get smaller and smaller, but thats what makes us say yes! when asked if you think your better than me.

·
Registered
579 Posts
That blows!

Sounds targeted, like someone knew what you had in the garage and thought they deserved it more than the person who worked hard to earn it.

Probably didn't take the bike because they didn't have an outlet for it. Harder to get rid of than something without a serial number or registration.

Some assclown stole a radio out of my Jeep a few years back. I would probably have shot the bugger if I'd seen him, but then I would be in trouble...

Just glad no one was there to get hurt.

·
Registered
85 Posts
some jackass stole the gate to my property where I live 3 nights ago. Wish I would've heard them... I was home at the time (my house is 800 feet or so from the road through the forest).

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
You guys that just sucks. I am so sorry!

I bet ridinman is right. Unfortunately, you probably know this person, who knows what work you do and what items you have. Check your local craigslist and other sites for awhile. I had a coworker who found her recently stolen snowblower on craigslist and had an undercover cop "buy" it back, nabbing the thief in the process. Guy had dozens of snowblowers, all lined up and ready to sell just in time for winter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry to hear that man, that freaking blows!!!
Karma is a bitch...don't worry those little parasites won't last long...
It makes me furious when stuff like this happen.
I am glad you guys are safe!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a couple of game cameras hanging in the trees around my house. They are infrared so no flash and noone knows they are there. You would be suprised what they have photographed. Caught a couple punks snooping in the neighbors garage this last summer in the middle of the night. I have it between our houses so it covers his garage door. When I pulled the card out and started looking at the pics, I saw this and gave him the card. He went to police and they made an arrest 2 days later.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Remember a lot of times a thief will come back. He or they may figure they need help to load the bike. Sorry to think this way,but I have been ripped off a few times in my life. I personally am sorry they did away with the good old fashioned hanging tree. Remember they use to hang a man for steeling another mans horse.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, found the headers for the dragster, thats about three grand back, and now we have a person to begin questioning. of course this person only recieved the stolen goods. still dont know who was at my house, but it wont be long and either the police, or my personal network back home will find out who it was. and after the jail or prison term is up. ill have to go pay a visit to them. oh, and the gamecameras are a great idea!!! i will definitly be doing that along with everything else. ADT, Closed loop cameras, and my own personal blend of security.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was robbed a couple of years ago. My Jackpot was in the way so they horsed it by the handle bars driving the bars into the gas take leaving dents and scratches on the tank and exhaust. Unfortunately the cops were clueless - no property turned up and no one every questioned.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That really sucks bro!!!!glad u were not home you might have done something crazy like i would have.Alot of these stealing issues are really reflecting were our economy is and headed!!!On january 1st if congress does nothing like its predicted there will be 2 million people losing there unemployment!!!!get ready for some really serious issues in this country!when citizens go hungry they do some crazy stuff like robbing from anybody they can!!I hope things turn around.good luck!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you're like me, they better hope the cops figure out who they are before you do. A thief is the lowest form of life on earth (except for a certain other group of "offenders").

I had a complete engine, on a stand ready to install, stolen from me about fifteen years ago. Under the pushrods for #1 cylinder my name was inscribed in the block. I, and the police had a good idea of who stole it, but couldn't ever prove it. I'd still like to find it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes it does.....

It's not a flash in respect to the typical camera flash but it lights up a red light to take the pictures.. try it in the dark, can't believe you don't know that already but the point was people unlike animals are not blind to the red light and will see it..

http://www.protrailcameras.com/flashvsinfraredtrailcameras/
I have a few Moultrie Game Spy I45 game cameras around my property.

It's infrared. It does have a flash you are right. It is NOT a red light. It's a very very faint red glow and unless you are looking directly at it at close range and know exactly where and when to look, no, you can not see it at all. I can barely make it out in the dark when I'm 9 inches from it looking right at the camera.

No villain is going to notice the 'flash' on these. Just make sure the camera itself is out of sight.

·
Registered
111 Posts
personel security blend

well, found the headers for the dragster, thats about three grand back, and now we have a person to begin questioning. of course this person only recieved the stolen goods. still dont know who was at my house, but it wont be long and either the police, or my personal network back home will find out who it was. and after the jail or prison term is up. ill have to go pay a visit to them. oh, and the gamecameras are a great idea!!! i will definitly be doing that along with everything else. ADT, Closed loop cameras, and my own personal blend of security.
newbobber: hope it never comes down to it but i would suggest either a pump or automatic 12ga. shotgun, 3" high brass w/ #4 00shot will work very well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts