Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left my place at 7 to ride 60 miles north to meet up with the rest of the crew at the Dealership showrooms/workshop in Brisbane.
From there we rode out through the inner city bypass (noisy thru the tunnel!:devil
Out of suburbia and heading north, stopped at Esk for coffee and a photo opportunity. then it was on to Somerset Dam, some fantastic roads and we started opening the bikes up a bit.
Arrived at Meringandan Pub around lunchtime, a few missing cos of corner markers being missed and one group followed the wrong bunch of bikes and went miles off course...everyone finally made it.
Food was amazing HUGE steaks , full on seafood platters, and yummy sticky date pudding!:laugh
A few people left early and made thier own way home, as some of my mates were the ones that got lost we waited for them to finish eating and then the last group left.
Arriving home on dusk and as if 500+ kms wasnt enough we went for an evening ride down to Brunswick Heads and had hot chips and a meeting with some friends of Bill's and then came back home.
almost 700 kms covered and fifteen hours away.
a few pix and more to follow

Attachments

Reactions: SubDude

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know any of those places, being i've never left the US, but sounds like a good time.:ride:
Sure is WhiskeyDave , take a trip over here sometime and experience this country firsthand.
Once you get used to riding on the wrong side of the road upside down the rest is easy!:grin

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Cool pictures MbX, so no spending the night there ??

How many Indian / Vics were there mate .. Looks a lot of them

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool pictures MbX, so no spending the night there ??

How many Indian / Vics were there mate .. Looks a lot of them
no mate not an overnighter , we all made our way back to our respective homes from there.
wouldve been easy 40-45 bikes
a few more pix...check out the size of the meals!

Attachments

Reactions: benm

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
looks like a good time mbx..

did they have to notify the police of the ride ?

I hope to do the melb one next month..

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like a good time mbx..

did they have to notify the police of the ride ?

I hope to do the melb one next month..
was most definitly a good time Ben
as far as police, I dunno and don't really care, didn't see any on the whole ride.
Have fun on the Melb one, if I was there Id definitly be on it too, bought my Vegas privately in Melb 19 months ago ( I've covered 62,000kms since)
Enjoy

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
more pix!

enjoy, hope Im not doubling up on any

Thats my mate Ralph's Kwaka Z1R MkII in top top pic, its mint condition and soon to get freshened up with big bore, cams and bigger carbs....thing flies already!
Thought the Crossroads very photoworthy with Highball bars
then the other side of the S&S motored Indian next to my Vegas
and a fuzzy shot of the Pubs menu to top it off

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would have to take a nap before riding again after eating all that.:laugh
Youre not the only one, judging by the people napping out on the grass next to their bikes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts