Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all just wanted to share a disaster I had last night installing my IPOD cable. All was going really well until I tried to slide the gas tank back into place. My helper and I were going very slow and easy lowering the back end down when I heard a pop and then smelled gas. I lifted it back up and sure enough the nipple on the bottom of the tank had broken off and the gas line was just hanging free.

Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ouch!

Sorry to hear about the break...and thanks for the heads up! I'm surprised that the tanks have plastic access panels (assuming that the piece is plastic since it broke so easily and the pic looks like it's plastic).

Hope the replacement piece doesn't cost more than a new tank...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to hear about the break...and thanks for the heads up! I'm surprised that the tanks have plastic access panels (assuming that the piece is plastic since it broke so easily and the pic looks like it's plastic).

Hope the replacement piece doesn't cost more than a new tank...
no you have to replace the whole fuel pump major ouch but cheaper than a tank

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Broke the Gas Tank Nipple

Yep! one unit... Just got back from the local dealer and it's the fuel pump and $$$$ 280.00 ....... %$%*%^* and to top tah off it wont be in until next tuesday or wednesday. I guess I have plenty of time to install the Glenda Lights I just got :):)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tech broke mine after installing hi flow air filter when doing my stage 1. He said that he broke and he would make it good. This whole unit has to be relaced for a very small part. They had one in stock so I was not held up at all
Great service from Northern Motorsports in Fulton NY.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Now I'm worried about sliding my tank back to get to the air filter seal and air filter... Why did you have to jinx me?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just watch the fuel line from underneath very very carefully! There is a recess that it is suppose to go in, just make sure you dont catch it on anything else as you slide it forward

1 - 7 of 7 Posts