Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
60k on that belt? Age might be your problem. The most common cause for a broken belt is getting a stone embedded into the belt, especially if the stone is at the belt's edge.

·
Administrator
5,973 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Most drive belts, especially those under high stress and exposed to the weather, have a recommended change frequency of 5 years.

I could not find the recommendation for the Victory, but I changed my 2004's belt soon after buying the bike, even though it only had 2700 miles on it.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I guess I'm on borrowed time. '08 Vision with 65000 miles.:D

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
13,177 Posts
Vic tells you to change the belt cause they don't know how long it will last or there trying to make money for the dealers and them selves.
If you clean your belt with soap and water every oil change it should last for a good 75 or 80 thousand miles.
Stay off dirt roads helps.
When h-d went to belt they said replace at twenty five thousand. Now they say inspect every fifty thousand miles.
His belt might of broke cause it was to tight

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would say belt may have been a little loose. I had been meaning to tighten it some. I've come to the conclusion that my awesome victory just makes way to much power. :)

05 Vegas. 60k and counting

·
Registered
539 Posts
The one on my Kingpin only lasted 34K. I had only had the bike a few months. It had 28K when I bought it. I hope the one on my Vision last a bit longer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
300 bucks later my bike is back on the road. Too bad going to rain all weekend.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where did you get the belt? I put it on myself. Was 287 plus tax at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts