Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a clutch cable brake. Mine broke yesterday, right at the top by the lever where the little barrel fits into the lever. It is a 2008 Corey Ness Victory Vegas Jackpot. Any ideas on where to get one cheap (chrome braided).

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Has anyone had a clutch cable brake. Mine broke yesterday, right at the top by the lever where the little barrel fits into the lever. It is a 2008 Corey Ness Victory Vegas Jackpot. Any ideas on where to get one cheap (chrome braided).
Why replace cable and housing when you can just replace actual cable itself. This will keep you from having to remove tank and less expensive.
http://www.noemtz.com/clutchcablerepairkits.htm

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So are these a temp. or a permanent fix..

·
Registered
851 Posts
I bought the Sav-Ur-Ride from Noemtz to carry as a spare but there is no reason that you would need to swap it out. You could even leave that one in and order another to carry as a spare. The OEM cables are expensive. Barnett cables seem to be the most popular aftermarket since they are about the same price as the OEM and a lot stronger.

But personally if I ever need to use my Sav-Ur-Ride I would order a hydraulic clutch conversion kit the next day. Here is a thread that talks about it. Goodbye clutch cable....hello hydraulic conversion on '06 JP

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I bought the Sav-Ur-Ride from Noemtz to carry as a spare but there is no reason that you would need to swap it out. You could even leave that one in and order another to carry as a spare. The OEM cables are expensive. Barnett cables seem to be the most popular aftermarket since they are about the same price as the OEM and a lot stronger.

But personally if I ever need to use my Sav-Ur-Ride I would order a hydraulic clutch conversion kit the next day. Here is a thread that talks about it. Goodbye clutch cable....hello hydraulic conversion on '06 JP

I agree with this whole assessment,I have broke two cables and always carry a sav-ur-ride, ever since my first one broke. I have my second Barnett on now.It is fraying where the cable exits the sheath down by the case. I will reinstall the sav-ur-ride when this one breaks, then order another. No more exspensive cables for me, The sav-ur-ride should last just as long or longer.
And if I don't end up buying a Vision, I will convert to the hydraulic.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
I agree with this whole assessment,I have broke two cables and always carry a sav-ur-ride, ever since my first one broke. I have my second Barnett on now.It is fraying where the cable exits the sheath down by the case. I will reinstall the sav-ur-ride when this one breaks, then order another. No more exspensive cables for me, The sav-ur-ride should last just as long or longer.
And if I don't end up buying a Vision, I will convert to the hydraulic.
Guys...I have about 8500 miles on my sav-ur-ride on my 07 Jackpot. Not planning on changing out cable housing unless absolutely need to. I think it is the way to go unless you convert over to hydraulic.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Noemtz
Your cable for my book is not in stock any idea when

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
save-ur-ride for High Ball

Noemtz,
Do you know which cable I should order for my High Ball, since the apes add so much length to the standard Vegas cable?

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Noemtz,
Do you know which cable I should order for my High Ball, since the apes add so much length to the standard Vegas cable?
Without knowing your exact cable length....I would say the C103X should work. They are actually a +8" cable over regular steel frame bike cable.

Is there any way you can get me a measurement of yours from tip to tip. This way it will verify C103X will work or not.
If I know your length...I can get some made if C103X won't work.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had my cable snap on my Kingpin about 2 months ago ordered cable thru dealer at $116.Make sure when you install new cable load it up with molly grease and your cable will last a very long time!!Every 500 miles or so load more grease to keep it from drying out and you should be fine.I had to remove my gas tank its not fun!!I hope not to have to do it again anytime soon.Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts