Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone has any input on this. Looking at a nice '05 KP with 10K on it (white and tribal). Good price ($7200), nice condition, etc, etc. It's five plus hours away so can't just stop and look. :)

Anyhow, I was curious first off...how the hell do you break fins??? Secondly, being air cooled, will this affect things (only a few spots). It's at a dealer from an auction so they have no history. Is there any way to remedy this aside from replacing said jug? My fear would be a drop that would affect other things. Thanks for any input you have!

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
Something probably fell against it and broke the fins. It won't hurt the cooling ability but it will look like hell.

I bought and fixed up an auction bike one time. Never again. Far too many things were found that the previous owner did that had to be fixed. Good luck. I think you will need it if you buy this bike.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Curious if anyone has any input on this. Looking at a nice '05 KP with 10K on it (white and tribal). Good price ($7200), nice condition, etc, etc. It's five plus hours away so can't just stop and look. :)

Anyhow, I was curious first off...how the hell do you break fins??? Secondly, being air cooled, will this affect things (only a few spots). It's at a dealer from an auction so they have no history. Is there any way to remedy this aside from replacing said jug? My fear would be a drop that would affect other things. Thanks for any input you have!
It would take a pretty good shot to bust the fins...either got hit by something....HARD or got dumped.... again.....HARD !!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
idk how much of a steal that is, got my 07 hammer for $7300 with 2800miles. but i drove 10 hours to pick it up.

you tried search tempest?

·
Registered
229 Posts
well i searched for you and it seems they hold their value alittle better up there than they do here....its still not cheap enough for me though, with the fins busted.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought and fixed up an auction bike one time. Never again. Far too many things were found that the previous owner did that had to be fixed. Good luck. I think you will need it if you buy this bike.
Yeah, that's my hesitation here. Chances are we won't, but I'm looking in to it at least.

idk how much of a steal that is, got my 07 hammer for $7300 with 2800miles. but i drove 10 hours to pick it up.

you tried search tempest?
Never heard of Search Tempest. That's pretty slick!

well i searched for you and it seems they hold their value alittle better up there than they do here....its still not cheap enough for me though, with the fins busted.
Well, they don't really hold their value as well as people think they do. lol People always over value their possessions and it's even worse when it comes to motorcycles it seems! In MN, you have a wide range of prices between the Spring and the Fall. You can get above book in the Spring...people are dying to ride. But then the Fall comes and prices drop heavy when people realize they don't ride much and don't want to store it for the Winter.

The big thing I'm noticing with Kingpins is that they sit for a VERY long time usually when for sale. Roughly half I'm coming across have been up since last Fall. And even a few from the Fall before!

I think there is a cylinder on ebay or these guys are a local club in there sell items
http://tcvr.us/messages/index.php
Thanks! And I'm already on there under the same name. :)

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Personally I wouldn't pay that for an 05. Its the 92/5 and you can get a 06 or newer with the 100/6 for a few hundred more.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Price sounds high to me for what you describe. So many on these forums have upgraded to big bore kits for their bikes I would think you should be able to find some used stock jugs cheap from some of those guys to fix it right but you need to buy it right first. Awsome color though if it would work for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts