Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I thought the safe way of removing the tank so you didn’t risk breaking the nipple off at the tank was pushing in the two release green buttons on the coupler where the gas line meets the injectors? No?
No! That's how I broke my nipple - when replacing the tank, the line snagged on something. Disconnecting it at the top, I have more control of the line.

·
Registered
700 Posts
No! That's how I broke my nipple - when replacing the tank, the line snagged on something. Disconnecting it at the top, I have more control of the line.
Everyone used to quote Witchdoctor as an expert. Here's his technique that I guess you believe is wrong? Go to 2:25 mark

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I find disconnecting at the tank to be a lot easier and much less messy. Not to forget easier on the fuel nipple. But that's just me.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
I find disconnecting at the tank to be a lot easier and much less messy. Not to forget easier on the fuel nipple. But that's just me.
Agree with Mr. Ricz .... AND always remember the fuel nipple on tank side you can buy from DORMAN, but the engine side is a "special" size that DORMAN does not make, so thats another reason to disconnect from the tankside ....

tapatalk_1535902717128.jpg

Andre using TaPaTaLk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts