Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts
Well I have now had my replacement nipple I made on my bike for over six months and I had no problems. I have sold some of them and have not had anyone say they did not work. I have done some changes because people were having problems finding a 9MM tap and I have upgraded them to use a 3/8"x16 tap which is easier to locate and buy. All you have to do is drill and tap for the 3/8" die and make sure there are no plastic pieces that will get into your injectors. I sell them for $50.00 and that includes some thread tape for fuel. If interest I sell them thru Victoryfpn@paypal.me. I hope everyone is riding safe.

I don't know if that's an upgrade. I have 90% metric tools because that's what everything I work on needs.
Glad you still making the fix for those that might need it. Really should have it's own thread to stand out more.

I don't know if that's an upgrade. I have 90% metric tools because that's what everything I work on needs.
Glad you still making the fix for those that might need it. Really should have it's own thread to stand out more.
Well I also have four with the 9mmx1.5 metric thread. I just know people were having problems finding the metric tap so I changed it to standard because it is easier to find. If you want I can sell you one of them. I not throwing them away and I make it an option to get it with either thread.

My fuel pump pipe broke off about 4 weeks ago and since I could not find a repair part I decided to make my own part using a table top drills press laid on it back and clamp so it would move, hacksaw, files, tap and die set and drilled. My first repair part took me 3 hours to make but this is my new part I am selling. You only have to drill and tap the fuel pump base and screw in my new part it is designed to fit the existing quick connect fitting and if done properly should give you no problems. I have had mine on my bike for 3 1/2 weeks with no problems. I ride my bike to work 5 days and week as I live in AZ. I usually ride year round even at high temps. If you are interested let me know. The one mounted into the fuel pump base is the one I made using hand tools. I now own a metal mini lathe and can make them allot better. Ride safe. View attachment 251598 View attachment 251598 View attachment 251599 View attachment 251600
I have had my original fuel pump I made on my bike for over a year now with no problems. I have sold a some and have had no one say they have had any problems either. I still sell them if anyone needs one. Ride Safe.

@Maddog1960
I recently bought a 2010 Victory Hammer S, the guy that had it went to put a new fuel pump in and broke the nipple off, am interested in getting that piece from you. I included a picture, would your piece just screw directly into the hole? If you leave your email or message me I'd like to get the information and get the piece.
Than

Put an @ in front of the name to tag them or hit icon next to name and start conversation to send them a private message.

Reactions: MGrad1
My fuel pump pipe broke off about 4 weeks ago and since I could not find a repair part I decided to make my own part using a table top drills press laid on it back and clamp so it would move, hacksaw, files, tap and die set and drilled. My first repair part took me 3 hours to make but this is my new part I am selling. You only have to drill and tap the fuel pump base and screw in my new part it is designed to fit the existing quick connect fitting and if done properly should give you no problems. I have had mine on my bike for 3 1/2 weeks with no problems. I ride my bike to work 5 days and week as I live in AZ. I usually ride year round even at high temps. If you are interested let me know. The one mounted into the fuel pump base is the one I made using hand tools. I now own a metal mini lathe and can make them allot better. Ride safe. View attachment 251598 View attachment 251598 View attachment 251599 View attachment 251600
I need one of these. I have a 2009 mess jackpot. Do you know what size quick connect they plug into?

I need one of these. I have a 2009 mess jackpot. Do you know what size quick connect they plug into?
Email him about it. He doesn't come here much at all.

I have had my original fuel pump I made on my bike for over a year now with no problems. I have sold a some and have had no one say they have had any problems either. I still sell them if anyone needs one. Ride Safe.
Maddog1960, do you still make these metal replacements? I broke min off under the tank on my 2011 ZNess 8Ball recently and am in need of assistance. I see that this blog is from a year ago so just checking if you’re still making the part. Thank you for your time.

Maddog1960, do you still make these metal replacements? I broke min off under the tank on my 2011 ZNess 8Ball recently and am in need of assistance. I see that this blog is from a year ago so just checking if you’re still making the part. Thank you for your time.
I bought one earlier this year just to have around to scare the original into not being replaced. :)

Just follow his instructions in post #42...

I am sorry to type this, but I have been having problems getting notified about someone paying for or wanting a nipple repair kit I invented. I have decided to stop trying to sell them with life being as hectic as it is I feel I cannot with good conscience continue to sell something I cannot guarantee someone will get the part in a timely manner. I have tried different methods but don't know any other solution. I hope everyone has a great life and rides safe.
Bridge

I am sorry to type this, but I have been having problems getting notified about someone paying for or wanting a nipple repair kit I invented. I have decided to stop trying to sell them with life being as hectic as it is I feel I cannot with good conscience continue to sell something I cannot guarantee someone will get the part in a timely manner. I have tried different methods but don't know any other solution. I hope everyone has a great life and rides safe.
Bridge
Damn. What shipping were you using? I know things are slow but this was a great repair part to sell. If you are not going to sell them could you post up a print with dimensions?

Damn. What shipping were you using? I know things are slow but this was a great repair part to sell. If you are not going to sell them could you post up a print with dimensions?
It isn't that I am problem shipping them but because of my work schedule and getting so much junk emails I figured instead of people trying to order the part and not knowing about it I would post that I not going to sell them. I even posted my phone number so that people could text me but either that isn't working also or i need to get a completely new email address just for the forum but then how would I know if someone ordered one because working 50 hours a week don't have allot of time to look at different emails to see if someone wants one.

I do understand working long hours. I wish I only worked 50 hour weeks.

It isn't that I am problem shipping them but because of my work schedule and getting so much junk emails I figured instead of people trying to order the part and not knowing about it I would post that I not going to sell them. I even posted my phone number so that people could text me but either that isn't working also or i need to get a completely new email address just for the forum but then how would I know if someone ordered one because working 50 hours a week don't have allot of time to look at different emails to see if someone wants one.
So no drawings?

I just had someone ask me for one of the parts I make. I guess if there is still interest, I will continue to make them. Be advised I work 50 hours a week, so I am not able to ship during the week because the post office is closed before I get home. If someone wants one, just let me know. I hope everyone is safe and doesn't need one in an emergency.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts