Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't read the instructions first, lifted up the fuel tank and broke the nipple off the side of this quick disconnect coupling coming off the fuel pump. A quick google search tells me that everyone has done this, but no one seems to be able to find just the coupling itself. Victory only seems to sell the entire fuel line with both couplings for about $50.

Any ideas on where to find one? A part number? I tried O'Reilly's and a couple of other places, including the old Victory dealer with no luck.

Pic doesn't show how it's broken but it's the one with the blue buttons, broken right underneath the clamp.

·
Administrator
5,975 Posts
Didn't read the instructions first, lifted up the fuel tank and broke the nipple off the side of this quick disconnect coupling coming off the fuel pump. A quick google search tells me that everyone has done this, but no one seems to be able to find just the coupling itself. Victory only seems to sell the entire fuel line with both couplings for about $50.

Any ideas on where to find one? A part number? I tried O'Reilly's and a couple of other places, including the old Victory dealer with no luck.

Pic doesn't show how it's broken but it's the one with the blue buttons, broken right underneath the clamp.
Yes, you have to be gentle with the nipple.

Call Kate (K8 the Gr8) / Honda of East Tolledo at (877)-437-1631, and you will get the least financial punishment for your misfortune.

·
Registered
784 Posts
That could have been a far more expensive "Oooops" than you think.

If I understand you correctly there is a new fuel pump in your future.

Very poor thought process on Vic's part IMHO.

Good Luck

Never mind, you broke the quick connect. You got lucky. Cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Called Kate, she can get me the whole fuel line for about $36, plus some shipping... but it'll be 7-8 days before I see it at my door. Of course only 3 dealers in the country have that part in stock even though everyone is constantly ordering them. Blah!!

·
Administrator
5,975 Posts
Thanks guys. Called Kate, she can get me the whole fuel line for about $36, plus some shipping... but it'll be 7-8 days before I see it at my door. Of course only 3 dealers in the country have that part in stock even though everyone is constantly ordering them. Blah!!
At least you didn't break it in the middle of summer riding days. cheers

·
Administrator
5,975 Posts
Shoot man, it's gonna be 70 degrees down here in TX tomorrow. Wanted to test out my new Wide Open Customs fairing and stereo system!!!
Stuff happens.

So you broke the quick disconnect connector on the hose side, not the actual nipple?

·
Administrator
5,975 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see. It's crazy how easily it broke. I never felt any resistance or anything... just lifted it up a few inches, started smelling fuel, looked under the tank and there it was, all broken.

·
Administrator
5,975 Posts
I see. It's crazy how easily it broke. I never felt any resistance or anything... just lifted it up a few inches, started smelling fuel, looked under the tank and there it was, all broken.
That's what sucks about plastic: it does not have a measurable life. It just gives in when it wants to. It's the one material you can never guarantee a serviceable life for.

Any wood/metal object will let you know way ahead of time when it gets close to breaking. A plastic object will smile at you until the moment it shatters, without a hint of danger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts