Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 13 Highball has 3 broken spokes on the rear and at least one on the front. There is some rusting around a couple of the spokes too.

Time to change out the wheels. I don't want anything crazy, I'll save that for my new bike next year. So basically I'm looking at some Gunner wheels that seem to be priced fair. My question is, please forgive if it's dumb, but will the Metzler ME880's work without tubes on the Gunner wheels?

My tires are in great shape and new or even used HB 40 spokes are ridiculously expensive.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Hey Rootzee,
If you gonna change your bike anyway, maybe consider to fix it cheaper.

See QUOTE below?? Sure they have your size spokes ??

Buchanan Spokes - Stainless Steel Spokes
www.buchananspokes.com › products › i...
Motorcycle Spokes ... Top Quality Wheel ... 9SZSPOKE, 9 ga STAINLESS STEEL Z SPOKE - single dia. $4.83. 9S, 9 ga STAINLESS STEEL SPOKE - single dia. $1.61. 910S, 9-10 ga ...
Buchanan Spokes - Spokes Category
www.buchananspokes.com › categories
spokes. ... INDIVIDUAL SPOKES. In BARE STEEL, STAINLESS STEEL or CHROME PLATED STEEL ...

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
How KM's on her now? Have you ever tightened the spokes? I seen a front HB wheel for sale on here awhile ago... You can get new front and rear on eBay for around $450 USD last time I checked.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I check the spokes every other ride (well when I'm gonna going further than the grocery store) . Last couple rides it felt off. Decided to check today and found the broken spokes. Where they connect to the wheel it's showing some rust. Other spokes seem tight.

I've looked at Buchanan Spokes. Would rather stick to a local crew. Less down time. What's got me nervous is the rust.

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
I check the spokes every other ride (well when I'm gonna going further than the grocery store) . Last couple rides it felt off. Decided to check today and found the broken spokes. Where they connect to the wheel it's showing some rust. Other spokes seem tight.

I've looked at Buchanan Spokes. Would rather stick to a local crew. Less down time. What's got me nervous is the rust.
rusting on the spokes or around the spokes on the rim?
replacing with stainless spokes will stop the spokes rusting.
where I live near the beach, rust is a fact of life.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Any update?? OP ??

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just bought OEM spokes and got the local dealer to install. \this will get me on the road for now. I loves the spoked wheels, but will be getting cast wheels in the near future. I don't want to shell out $300 every time the spokes break.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Just bought OEM spokes and got the local dealer to install. \this will get me on the road for now. I loves the spoked wheels, but will be getting cast wheels in the near future. I don't want to shell out $300 every time the spokes break.
I've wondered if Gunner wheels on a highball would look good or not. They'd bolt right on with no problems, that would be a plus! Hopefully these spokes hold up for you until the upcoming wheel change

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually found a set of Gunner wheels in Edmonton, and they were reasonably priced. I seen a picture of a gunner with highball bars and it looked good. Can't imagine why it wouldn't. Now I'm just saving my pennies.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm pretty sure that the previous owner was gentle. It was likely the "unintentional" burnouts while crossing highway 2.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
So maybe now is not the time to post videos of me drifting my old Highball.... Lol. It doesn't matter cause you got a smokin deal on your Highball.

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
c'mon lets see them!:devil

·
12,970 Posts
why the hell would Polaris / Victory not use stainless spokes.
For got there cheap when building high priced when selling

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
You gonna have to upload somewhere else like YouTube... then post the link

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts